Disney Junior (Australia and New Zealand)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
5 December 2005 (as Playhouse Disney)|
29 May 2011 (as Disney Junior)
|Closed||28 May 2011 (as Playhouse Disney)|
|Owned by||The Walt Disney Company Australia|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Slogan||Where the Magic Begins|
|Broadcast area||Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands|
|Formerly called||Playhouse Disney (2005 to 29 May 2011)|
|SKY Network Television (NZ)||Channel 105|
|Optus TV||Channel 709|
|Vodafone TV (NZ)||Channel 105|
Disney Junior is a 24-hour Australian cable and satellite channel available on Foxtel, Austar and Optus Television's subscription platforms. Since late-2005, Playhouse Disney Channel was launched on pay television provider Foxtel and its affiliates in Australia, but is only available on its digital service. SKY Network Television shows both Disney Junior and Playhouse Disney Channel in New Zealand. The channel is broadcast 24 hours a day, every day, showing most of the programs seen in the United States. Before Playhouse Disney Channel, Playhouse Disney was shown on Disney Channel Australia from about 9 am to 3 pm weekdays, and to 10 am until when Foxtel came and made it to a full 24-hour channel. At 11 am 1 November 2007, the channel was added to TransACT. It was formerly available on SelecTV from September 2008 until the closure of its English service in late 2010. On 1 September 2009, the channel started broadcasting in 16:9 widescreen. The channel relaunched as Disney Junior on 29 May 2011.
- Alarcon, Camille (29 May 2011). "Disney makes new friends". News. B & T Weekly. 54 (2546): 23. ISSN 1325-9210. Retrieved 15 May 2010.[permanent dead link]
- "TransACT launches Playhouse Disney on TransTV" (Press release). TransACT. 1 November 2007. Archived from the original on 24 January 2008. Retrieved 10 November 2009.
- Shoebridge, Neil (15 September 2008). "WIN's on to a winner as SelecTV ups service". The Australian Financial Review. p. 16. Retrieved 26 February 2010.
- Chessell, James (20 August 2010). "Bruce Gordon's SelecTV to make changes". City Beat. The Australian. Retrieved 20 August 2010.
- Tim Addington. "Disney to launch Junior channel". B&T. Retrieved 2011-03-30.[permanent dead link]