Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Disney Stars and Motor Cars|
Lightning McQueen from Cars at Disney's Hollywood Studios
|Disney's Hollywood Studios|
|Soft opening date||September 2001|
|Opening date||October 1, 2001|
|Closing date||March 8, 2008|
|Replaced by||Block Party Bash|
|Walt Disney Studios Park|
|Name||Disney Stars 'n' Cars|
|Soft opening date||March 2009|
|Opening date||April 4, 2009|
|Closing date||July 3, 2014|
|Replaced||Disney Cinema Parade|
Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade was a parade at Disney's Hollywood Studios at the Walt Disney World Resort. The parade first premiered on October 1, 2001 as part of the Walt Disney World Resort's 100 Years of Magic Celebration. The parade is a procession of characters riding in highly themed cars down the streets of Disney's Hollywood Studios in true Hollywood style.
During the holiday season, the parade was transformed into the "Hollywood Holly-day Parade". The parade had its final run at Disney's Hollywood Studios on March 8, 2008. It has been replaced by the Block Party Bash parade from Disney California Adventure Park. Block Party Bash had its "soft opening" on March 9, 2008. Part of the parade moved to its sister park, the Walt Disney Studios Park at Disneyland Paris in 2009, and was renamed Disney Stars 'n' Cars. It premiered on April 4th, with previews for guests beginning on March 9.
Disney-MGM Studios/Disney Hollywood Studios
The parade in original form on the premiere in 2001.
- Name of the parade : The Disney Stars and Motor Cars Parade
- Première date : October 1, 2001
- Close date: March 8, 2008
- Number of cars : 15 Original, 18 Update
- Time of the Parade : 25 minutes
The regular features of the parade include the following cars. The parade route from the gate next to Star Tours over to Hollywood Boulevard to next to the exit of the park.
- Float 1: Toy Story - Jessie, Sheriff Woody, Buzz, Bo Peep and the Toy Soldiers
- Float 2: Mary Poppins - Mary Poppins, Bert and Penguins
- Float 3: The Muppets - Kermit the Frog, Miss Piggy and Sweetums
- Float 4: Star Wars - R2-D2, Princess Leia, Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader
- Float 5: Mulan - Mulan, Mushu and Chinese Warriors
- Float 6: Aladdin - Aladdin, Jasmine and Harem Girls
- Float 7: Hercules - Hercules, Phil, Pain and Panic
- Float 8: Disney Villains - Hades, Cruella De Vil, Jafar, Evil Queen, Captain Hook and Frollo
- Float 9: Atlantis: The Lost Empire: Milo Thatch and Kida 
- Float 10: The Little Mermaid - Ariel and Fishes
- Float 11: Playhouse Disney - Bear, Treelo, Stanley, and Peanut & Jelly Otter
- Float 12: Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs - Snow White,
- Float 13: The Grand Marshal- Chicken Little - Chicken Little / Ratatouille - Rémy / Enchanted - Giselle/
- Float 14: Finale - Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Goofy, Pluto and guest characters like Alice, Pinocchio, Gepetto, White Rabbit, Chip 'n' Dale and others.
- Float: Monsters, Inc. - Sulley and Mike (Update: 2002)
- Float: Lilo and Stitch - Lilo and Stitch (Update: 2002)
- Float: Power Rangers - Consisting of Time Force, Ninja Storm, Wild Force, Dino Thunder and Space Patrol Delta Power Rangers (Update: 2005)
- Float: Cars - Lightning McQueen and Mater (Update: 2006)
With the release of new films, both in theaters and home video, the parade has had several pre-parade promotional units that have not been permanent additions. Those "Guest stars" include: Enchanted (2007), Ratatouille (2007) and Chicken Little (2005).
Cars and themes that were once in the parade and are no longer included are such entries as vehicles and floats from Atlantis: The Lost Empire and Hercules.
Walt Disney Studios Park
The parade in original form on the premiere in 2009. This parade replaced the Disney Cinema Parade at the Walt Disney Studios Park.
- Name of the parade : Disney's Stars 'n' Cars
- Première date : April 4, 2009
- Number of cars : Original 11, Update 12
- Time of the Parade : 25 minutes with the show-stop on stage at Place des Stars
The following eleven cars were at the Walt Disney Studios Park parade from the premiere on April 4, 2009. The parade route began from the gate next to Animagique to Place des Stars and has a show there and meet and greet. After this show the cars go the route in a different line back to the gate next to Animagique. The parade had an update on April 2, 2010 with the twelve floats: Ratatouille. As of 2012 the show has been cut from Place des Stars, with the floats drving through the studios as a normal parade.
Time (2014 version)
- Float 1: Stars 'n' Cars - Mickey and Minnie
- Float 2: The Little Mermaid - Ariel
- Float 3: Aladdin - Aladdin and Jasmine
- Float 4: Mulan - Mulan and Mushu
- Float 5: Mary Poppins - Mary Poppins and Bert
- Float 6: Lilo and Stitch - Lilo and Stitch
- Float 7 : Toy Story - Woody and Jessie
- Float 8: Ratatouille - Rémy and Emile
- Float 9: Disney Villains - Cruella, Gaston and Evil Queen
- Float 10: Stars 'n' Cars - Donald and Daisy
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs (2009-201?)
- Monsters Inc (2009 to 2013)
- (in French) Alexandre Rosa, « La Disney's Stars n'Cars fait un premier tour de piste aux Walt Disney Studios » on the blog Travel Pics, March 1