Disney Tsum Tsum Festival
|Disney Tsum Tsum Festival|
|Developer(s)||B.B. Studio |
|Publisher(s)||Bandai Namco Entertainment|
|Series||Disney Tsum Tsum|
Disney Tsum Tsum Festival is a party video game for Nintendo Switch developed by B.B. Studio and Hyde, and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. It is the first console game to be based on the Disney Tsum Tsum toyline. It was released in Japan on October 10, 2019, and globally on November 8, 2019.
Disney Tsum Tsum Festival features various Disney and Pixar characters rendered in Tsum Tsum form, as well as a Tsum Tsum version of Bandai Namco's mascot Pac-Man. The game has players play a variety of minigames in single-player, cooperative multiplayer, and competitive multiplayer, with up to four players playing online or on the same Switch console. Minigames include curling and "bubble hockey" (air hockey), among others. Festival also features a version of the original Disney Tsum Tsum mobile puzzle game originally developed by Line Corporation, making use of the Switch's touch screen held in portrait mode. The puzzle game also features two-player local or online multiplayer, which is not found in the original mobile game. It is unknown if Festival's version of the puzzle game will be tied into the original mobile versions.
Disney Tsum Tsum Festival was first announced on February 13, 2019, during a Nintendo Direct presentation. The game was released in Japan on October 10, 2019, which also saw the release of a Nintendo Switch bundle featuring a limited edition Tsum Tsum-themed console, dock, and Joy-Con (with a Mickey Mouse head-shaped Home button on the Joy-Con R); the Disney Tsum Tsum Festival game, and a code for downloadable content featuring alternate "Festival" versions of the Stitch, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, and Winnie the Pooh Tsum Tsums (which feature on the Switch console and dock).
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (February 2019)
- Romano, Sal (February 13, 2019). "Disney Tsum Tsum Festival announced for Switch". Gematsu. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- "Disney Tsum Tsum Festival for Switch Reviews". Metacritic. CBS Interactive. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- "『ディズニー ツムツム フェスティバル』の発売日が10月10日に決定。特別デザインの本体セットも発売！". Nintendo.co.jp (in Japanese). Nintendo of Japan. July 25, 2019. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Frank, Allegra (February 13, 2019). "Disney Tsum Tsum for Nintendo Switch looks cute as heck". Polygon. Vox Media. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- "PAC-MAN gobbles his way into DISNEY TSUM TSUM FESTIVAL". Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe. October 11, 2019. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- Pearson, Ryan (February 13, 2019). "Disney Tsum Tsum Festival Announced for Switch". Niche Gamer. Retrieved February 15, 2019.
- Pierce, Tanner (February 13, 2019). "Disney Tsum Tsum Festival Officially Announced for Nintendo Switch". DualShockers. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- Doolan, Liam (February 13, 2019). "Disney's Tsum Tsum Arrive In Festival Form On Nintendo Switch Later This Year". Nintendo Life. Retrieved February 13, 2019.
- Doolan, Liam (July 25, 2019). "Disney Tsum Tsum Festival Receiving A Themed Switch Bundle In Japan". Nintendo Life. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Berg, Ricky (July 24, 2019). "Switch getting a special Disney Tsum Tsum Festival bundle in Japan, new Joy-Con and dock". Nintendo Wire. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Carter, Chris (November 10, 2019). "Review: Disney Tsum Tsum Festival". Destructoid. Retrieved November 10, 2019.