Disney XD (Canada)
|Launched||December 1, 2015|
|Owned by||Corus Entertainment
(branding licensed by The Walt Disney Company)
|Slogan||The Future is Now! (primary)
|Website||Disney XD Canada|
|Bell TV||Channel 1652 (HD)|
|Shaw Direct||Channel 76 / 176 (HD)|
|Available on many Canadian cable providers.||Check local listings for details.|
|Bell Aliant Fibe TV||Channel 512 (HD)|
|Bell Fibe TV||Channel 1553 (HD)|
|MTS||Channel 160 (SD)
Channel 1160 (HD)
|Optik TV||Channel 9616 (SD)
Channel 616 (HD)
|SaskTel||Channel 89 (SD)
Channel 389 (HD)
|VMedia||Channel 232 (SD)|
|Zazeen||Channel 147 (HD)|
Disney XD is a Canadian English-language exempted Category B specialty channel owned by Corus Entertainment. Launched on December 1, 2015, it is a localized and licensed version of the US cable channel Disney XD, which broadcasts live-action and animated programming aimed at children between the ages of 6 and 11.
- 1 History
- 2 Current Programming
- 3 Disney XD programming on other Corus channels
- 4 Upcoming programming
- 5 Former programming
- 6 Programming Blocks
- 7 See also
- 8 References
- 9 External links
Prior to the launch of this channel, a Canadian version of Disney XD was launched by Astral Media on June 1, 2011 as a spin-off of Family Channel, which had historically held rights to the programming of Disney Channel and its spin-off brands. After Bell Media acquired Astral in 2013, the company sold Disney XD along with its sister channels (Family Channel and the French and English versions of Disney Junior) to DHX Media. Corus Entertainment purchased the Canadian rights to Disney programming on April 16, 2015. As a result, the Disney XD-branded channel owned by DHX was renamed as extensions of their Family Channel brand: Family Chrgd.
Disney XD programming aired in a programming block on the Canadian version of Disney Channel, which Corus launched on September 1, 2015. The block was put on hiatus for a year on November 29 and Disney XD (along with Disney Junior) was re-launched by Corus on December 1, 2015 with a marathon of the second season of Star Wars Rebels. DHX's rights to Disney XD programming, which aired on Family Chrgd and their three other television services, expired in January 2016.
Disney XD is the only Disney channel in Canada that does not have a French-language version, though Disney La Chaîne (the French-language counterpart of Disney Channel in English) airs Disney XD programming in the French-language as part of a programming block called (Disney) XD Zone.
On November 3, 2016, the Disney XD branding was used for both the channel and the English-language block. Since then, Disney XD now exists as a 24/7 channel and a 2-hour Thursday night block on Disney Channel in Canada.
- Future-Worm! (August 8, 2016 – present)
- Guardians of the Galaxy (December 1, 2015 – present)
- Milo Murphy's Law (October 17, 2016 – present; also on Disney Channel Canada) 
- Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero (December 1, 2015 – present)
- Pickle & Peanut (December 1, 2015 – present)
- Star vs. the Forces of Evil (December 1, 2015 – present; also on Disney Channel Canada)
- Star Wars Rebels (December 1, 2015 – present; also on Disney Channel Canada)
Reruns of animated series
- The 7D (December 1, 2015 – present)
- Gravity Falls (December 1, 2015 – present)
- Grossology (December 1, 2015 – present)
- League of Super Evil (December 1, 2015 – present)
- Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures (June 20, 2016 – October 2016; December 16, 2016; January 22, 2017 - present)
- Phineas & Ferb (December 1, 2015 – present)
Acquired animated series
- Beyblade: Burst (October 2, 2016 – present; also on Teletoon)
- Yo-Kai Watch (December 5, 2016 – present; also on Teletoon)
- Gamer's Guide to Pretty Much Everything (December 1, 2015 – present)
- Kirby Buckets (December 1, 2015 – present; also on Disney Channel Canada)
- Lab Rats: Elite Force (March 2, 2016 – present)
- MECH-X4 (November 12, 2016 – present) 
- Walk the Prank (April 1, 2016 – present) 
Reruns of live-action series
Disney XD programming on other Corus channels
- Big Hero 6: The Animated Series (TBA 2017)
- Billy Dilley's Super-Duper Subterranean Summer (TBA 2017)
- DuckTales (2017) (TBA 2017)
- Spider-Man (2017) (TBA)
- Kickin' It (December 1, 2015 – 2016)
- Lab Rats (December 1, 2015 – 2016)
- Mighty Med (December 1, 2015 – 2016)
- Mr. Young (December 1, 2015 – 2016)
Animated series and comedy series
- The Avengers Earth's Mightiest Heroes (December 1, 2015 – 2016)
- Beyblade: Metal Masters (October 2, 2016 - December 2016)
- The Super Hero Squad Show (December 1, 2015 – 2016)
- Wander Over Yonder (December 1, 2015 – 2016)
These shows are still airing on the channel that was formerly called Disney XD.
- Gaming Show (In My Parents' Garage)
- Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales
- Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures
- The Adventures of Figaro Fho
- Marvel Universe - This block airs such Marvel programs as Guardians of the Galaxy. This block is also mixed in with other Disney XD programs such as Phineas and Ferb, Future-Worm!, Pickle and Peanut, Kirby Buckets, and Star vs. the Forces of Evil.
- Melty Summer - This block airs all summer long and airs weekdays with new episodes of select shows and new series.
- Christmas - This block features a mix of holiday-themed specials all December long.
- Halloween - This block features a mix of Halloween specials.
- "DHX Media to buy Family, other children's channels". Toronto Star. November 28, 2013. Retrieved 29 November 2013.
- David Friend (April 16, 2015). "Corus gains Canadian rights to Disney Channel content". The Globe and Mail. Canadian Press. Retrieved April 16, 2015.
- "It's #HereForReal Canada! Corus Entertainment Launches Disney Channel in 10 Million Households" (Press release). Toronto: Corus Entertainment. September 1, 2015. Retrieved September 2, 2015.
- "Disney XD Returns to Canada December 1". Channel Canada. November 9, 2015. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
- "Disney XD & Disney Junior to Roll Out in Canada Next Month". WorldScreen. Retrieved 1 December 2015.
- "Disney XD". disneychannel.ca Buzz Blog. Corus Entertainment. November 1, 2015. Retrieved November 2, 2015.
- "Disney XD Greenlights 'Lab Rats: Elite Force' a Spin-Off of 'Lab Rats: Bionic Island' & 'Mighty Med'". TV By The Numbers by zap2it.com. Retrieved 2016-02-06.