Disney XD (Netherlands and Flanders)
Netherlands and Flanders
|Launched||2 August 1997 (Fox Kids)
13 February 2005 (Jetix)
1 January 2010 (Disney XD)
|Owned by||Disney–ABC Television Group|
|Picture format||16:9 576p (SDTV) and 16:9 1080p (HDTV) on time sharing with Veronica HD and 24 our on KPN and Telfort.|
|Audience share||1.3% (2012, )|
|Language||Dutch/Flemish (dubbing) & Original Dutch/Flemish (Dual audio option Dutch/Flemish dubbing/original and original language available on UPC and Ziggo)|
|Headquarters||Bergweg 50 Hilversum, Netherlands|
|Sister channel(s)||Disney Junior
|Website||www.disneyxd.nl disneyxd.be redirects to NL site.|
Availability (See Veronica (TV channel) for the availability of the 12-hour version.)
|TV Vlaanderen (Flanders)||Channel 43 (12 hours)|
|Ziggo||Channel 301 (24 hours version with dual audio)|
|Telenet (Flanders)||Channel 601 (Flanders)
Channel 701 (Brussels)
|Caiway Twente/Caiway Cogas||Channel 301 (24 hours)|
|Caiway||Channel 54 (24 hours)|
|Caiway Albrandswaard||Channel 60 (24 hours)|
|Belgacom TV (Flanders)||Channel 136 (12 hours)|
|KPN||Channel 32 SD 24 hours and Channel 728 HD 24 hours.|
|Telfort||Channel 32 SD 24 hours and Channel 728 HD 24 hours.|
|XS4All||Channel 32 SD 24 hours and Channel 728 HD 24 hours.|
|SNOW (Belgium)||(12 hours)|
|Horizon||Horizon.tv (24 hours, Netherlands only)|
|SNOW multi-scherm Disney (Belgium)||(12 hours)|
Disney XD broadcasts 12 hours a day, time-sharing with Dutch TV station Veronica; however, there is a digital 24-hours version that is available through the operators UPC Netherlands, Ziggo, KPN, Telfort, XS4All and Telenet. Viewers in Wallonia and Luxembourg receive the French version of Disney XD.
All programs are dubbed in Dutch/Flemish or in original Dutch/Flemish language, only on the 24 ours version at UPC and Ziggo there is a dual audio option where channel 1 is the Dutch/Flemish dub/original Dutch/Flemish and on channel 2 is the original language, except some broadcast. Dutch subtitles are most times available through teletekstpage 888, there is currently no DVB subtitles served.
Formerly some programs are broadcast in the original language with Dutch subtitles, mainly in the evening and night. But most programs are dubbed in Dutch/Flemish, except local Dutch/Flemish productions.
On 1 January 2010, it replaced Jetix. One month later, a 24-hours version launched on UPC Netherlands, later followed by other providers in the Netherlands and Flanders. In 2012, Disney highly promoted the Disney XD 24-hour channel in magazines like Donald Duck and Tina under the banner Disney XD Extra. There is also extra programming added after 18:00.
From 25 March 2015 Disney XD HD 24 hours is available at KPN, XS4All and Telfort.
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (September 2013)|
- Aaron Stone
- The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes
- Cars Toons: Mater's Tall Tales
- Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers
- Cluebie: A Dutch series about kids and the digital world. Presented by Koert-Jan de Bruijn and Levi van Kempen.
- Darkwing Duck
- Expeditie Rangers: A Dutch game show made in cooperation with the Worldwide Fund for Nature. Presented by Koert-Jan de Bruijn.
- Have a Laugh!
- I'm in the Band
- Inazuma Eleven
- Iron Man: Armored Adventures
- Jackie Chan Adventures
- Jimmy Two-Shoes
- Kick Buttowski
- Kickin' It
- Kid vs. Kat
- Kim Possible
- Lab Rats
- Marvo the Wonder Chicken
- Matt's Monsters
- Mr. Young
- My Life as a Teenage Robot
- Oscar's Oasis
- Pair of Kings
- Phil of the Future
- The Replacements
- The Secret Life of Suckers
- Sonic X
- Shorty McShorts' Shorts
- The Suite Life on Deck
- Team Smithereen
- Totally Spies!
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- Zeke and Luther
- Ranger Dierenjournaal A short education entertainment program created in associating with Zoo Dierenpark Emmen and Niehe Media, Presented by Levi van Kempen.
- "Jaarrapport 2012" (PDF). Stichting Kijk Onderzoek.
- Robert Briel (25 November 2009). "January launch for Dutch Disney XD". Broadband TV News.
- Jan-Hein Visser (23 January 2010). "UPC verwijdert Zone Club uit pakket, Disney XD 24 uur per dag". Totaal TV.