Disney in the Stars
|Disney in the Stars|
|Hong Kong Disneyland|
|Opening date||September 12, 2005|
|Attraction type||Fireworks spectacular|
|Designer||Walt Disney Creative Entertainment|
Based on a similar format used in the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks at other Disney theme parks, fireworks and pyrotechnics are co-ordinated to orchestrated classic Disney music such as "A Whole New World". The show opened on September 12, 2005, debuting at the park's nighttime inaugural ceremonies. From September 16, 2010 to October 31, 2010, Disney in the Stars was replaced by Disney's Nightmare in the Sky, a Halloween-themed fireworks performance.
In celebration of Hong Kong Disneyland's 10th anniversary, the show features Projection mapping onto Sleeping Beauty Castle in September 7, 2015 as the preview. The projections in each area are different in order to evenly distribute crowds and to encourage people to view the show multiple times from different locations. The show then progresses all-new scenes from Disney films, including; Frozen, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Pinocchio, Peter Pan, The Little Mermaid, Aladdin, The Princess and the Frog, Tangled, Big Hero 6, Finding Nemo, Cars, Brave and Inside Out.
- Run Time: approximately 13 minutes (including intro and exit music)
- Show Times: Generally 7:00pm in winter, 8:00pm in summer and 9:00pm on selected days
- Viewing Locations: Most areas in the park, viewing in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle is recommended.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Disney in the Stars.|
- "A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes" (from Cinderella)
- "When You Wish upon a Star" (from Pinocchio)
- "A Whole New World" (from Aladdin)
- "So This Is Love"
- Alice in Wonderland
- "Alice in Wonderland"
- Beauty and the Beast
- Reprise of "A Whole New World" (also plays as the exit music for the show)
- Reprise of "Large Bubble Montage" (excluded since September 7, 2015)