In 1932, the newspaper briefly merged with the Western Age to form the Dispatch. However, in 1933 the two newspapers split into the Western Age and the Dubbo Dispatch. The Dubbo Dispatch would continue to be published until 1971 when it was acquired by The Daily Liberal.
- "Dubbo Timeline". Macquarie Regional Library. Macquarie Regional Library. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Western Age". SLNSW catalogue. State Library of New South Wales. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- Brown, Malcolm (7 September 2006). "A leading light in the expansion of rural media". Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 16 October 2014.
- "Newspaper and magazine titles". Trove. National Library of Australia. Retrieved 5 June 2013.
- "Newspaper Digitisation Program". National Library of Australia. Retrieved 5 June 2013.