Artwork or statuary may also have a display stand to hold items securely for viewing.
From a functional perspective, a display should focus on the consumer's wish to purchase goods and should grab the attention, interest, desire, memory, and a series of mental activities. In addition to color, text, graphics, and other elements of interior design, the display stand embodies the use of POP advertising functions. A display of goods must be met to convey information and the sales functions of goods and should have a personal style and structure design.
Display stands are commonly manufactured from corrugated fiberboard, fluted polypropylene (aka corrugated plastic or correx) and acrylic. Corrugated and fluted polypropylene stands can be full colour printed and supplied as flat-packs, ready for quick assembly.
- Pegler, M M (2012). Visual Merchandising and Display. Fairchild Books. ISBN 978-1-60901-084-3.
- US 5850922, Fraser, Ronald A., "Shipping and retail display pallet pack", published 1998-12-22, assigned to Ryobi North America Inc.
- US 4919270, Govang, James A. & Goldstein, Mark E., "Pallet assembly for promotional display use and method of making same", published 1990-04-24, assigned to The Stanley Works
- US 7131543, Mason, Timothy L., "Display device", published 2006-11-07, assigned to New Dimensions Research Corp.
- US 6098820, Smith, Michael J., "Tipping-resistant display stand", published 2000-08-08, assigned to Arrow Art Finshers LLC