From a functional perspective, a display should focus on the consumer's wish to purchase goods and should grab the attention, interest, desire, memory, and a series of mental activities. In addition to color, text, graphics, and other elements of interior design, the display stand embodies the use of POP advertising functions. A display of goods must be met to convey information and the sales functions of goods and should have a personal style and structure design.
Display stands are commonly manufactured from materials such as corrugated fiberboard, fluted polypropylene (aka corrugated plastic or correx) and acrylic. Corrugated and Fluted polypropylene stands can be full colour printed and supplied as flat-packs, ready to assemble in seconds.
- Pegler, M M (2012). Visual Merchandising and Display (PDF). Fairchild Books. ISBN 978-1-60901-084-3. Retrieved 2 September 2018.
- US5850922A, Fraser, "Shipping and retail display pallet pack", published 1998
- US4919270A, Govang, "Pallet assembly for promotional display use and method of making same", published 1990
- US7131543B2, Mason, "Display device", published 2006
- US6098820A, Smith, "Tipping-resistant display stand", published 2000