Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up dissolution in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Dissolution may refer to:
Arts and entertainment
- Dissolution (Forgotten Realms novel), a 2002 fantasy novel by Richard Lee Byers
- Dissolution (Sansom novel), a 2003 historical novel by C. J. Sansom
- Dissolution, in music, is a specific type of section (music).
- Dissolution (Olivia Block album), 2016
- Dissolution (The Pineapple Thief album), 2018
Politics and law
- Dissolution (politics) is when a state, institution, nation, or administrative region ceases to exist, usually separating into two or more entities.
- Dissolution (law), in law, means to end a legal entity or agreement such as a marriage, adoption, or corporation, or unions.
- Dissolution of parliament, in politics, the dismissal of a legislature so that elections can be held.
- Dissolution of the Monasteries, in British history, the formal process during the English Reformation by which Henry VIII confiscated the property of the monastic institutions in England, Wales and Ireland between 1536 and 1541
- Dissolution (chemistry), in chemistry, the process of dissolving a solute into a solvent to make a solution