Distinguished Intelligence Medal
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Distinguished Intelligence Medal|
|Awarded by Central Intelligence Agency|
|Country||United States of America|
|Eligibility||Employees of the Central Intelligence Agency|
|Awarded for||"For performance of outstanding services or for achievement of a distinctly exceptional nature in a duty or responsibility, the results of which constitute a major contribution to the mission of the Agency."|
|Next (higher)||Distinguished Intelligence Cross|
|Next (lower)||Intelligence Star|
|Related||National Intelligence Distinguished Service Medal|
The Distinguished Intelligence Medal is awarded by the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency for performance of outstanding services or for achievement of a distinctly exceptional nature in a duty or responsibility.
|This section needs additional citations for verification. (February 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
- James Jesus Angleton
- Milt Bearden
- Gary Berntsen
- Cofer Black
- John W. Coffey
- William Colby
- Henry Crumpton
- Ruth A. David
- James B. Donovan
- Carl Duckett (twice received)
- Major General Michael E. Ennis, USMC
- Fritz Ermarth
- Robert Gates
- Clair George
- Burton Gerber
- Major General Edward B. Giller
- Sidney Gottlieb
- Gardner Hathaway
- Richard Helms
- Richard L Holm
- Clarence Leonard Johnson
- Mark Kelton
- Richard Kerr
- George Kisevalter
- Ryszard Kukliński
- Arthur C. Lundahl
- William Mosebey Jr.
- James Pavitt
- Jose A. Rodriguez, Jr
- John R. Sano
- Gary Schroen
- Winston M. Scott
- Theodore Shackley
- Richard Stolz Jr.
- Admiral William O. Studeman, USN
- Michael J. Sulick
- John H. Waller
- Gregory Vogel
- William H. Webster
- Alan Wolfe
CIA medals are often referred to as "jock strap medals" since they are often awarded secretly (due to the classification level of the respective operation) and cannot be displayed, or on occasion, acknowledged publicly.
- "The Work of a Nation". Central Intelligence Agency. Archived from the original on 13 October 2012. Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "CIA’s Hayden Lauds Marine General’s Contributions". Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- "A Look Back … A Cold War Hero: Colonel Ryszard Kuklinski".
- "Arthur C. Lundahl, 17, Dies; Photo Interpreter for CIA" (PDF). Retrieved 4 July 2013.
- James L. Pavitt Bio, , Scowcroft Group
- "Former DDCI Admiral Studeman Feted at Retirement Ceremony — Central Intelligence Agency". Cia.gov. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- "CIA Official John Waller; Was Historian and Author". The Washington Post. Washington, D.C. November 7, 2004. p. C08. Retrieved April 30, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Distinguished Intelligence Medal.|
|This article related to orders, decorations, and medals is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This government-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|