From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up distortion in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Distortion denotes the alteration of the original shape of an object, image, sound, or waveform.
Distortion may also refer to:
Science and technology
- Distortion (optics), including "barrel distortion" and "pincushion distortion"
- Cognitive distortion, thoughts that are exaggerated and irrational
- Parataxic distortion, inclination to skew perceptions of others based on fantasy
- Distortions (economics), a concept in economics
- Distortion (mathematics), a measure how much a function distorts space
- Distortion function, . Distortion functions are used to define distortion risk measures
- Distortion (music), an electro-acoustic effect in music
- Distortion (Forbidden album), 1995
- Distortion (Game Theory EP), 1984
- Distortion (The Magnetic Fields album), 2008
- Distortion (the Proletariat EP), 1982
- Distortion (Joseph Simmons album), 2005
- "Distortion", an episode of Serial Experiments Lain
- Copenhagen Distortion, also called 'Distortion festival', a party/club culture festival in Copenhagen, Denmark
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Distortion.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.