From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Distribution Select (formerly Distribution Musicor, Distribution GAM and Distribution Trans-Canada) is a Canadian record and video distributor based in Montreal, Quebec in 1965 as Disques Select. It is a wholly owned division of Quebecor Media.
- 1965: Company formed as Disques Select.
- 1971: Company moves to Sainte-Catherine Street.
- 1974: Distribution Musicor opens in Pointe-Claire, Quebec. (Unrelated to an American record label, Musicor Records.)
- 1977: Disques Select changes into Distribution Select.
- 1980: Company acquires Services de Musique Trans-Canada.
- 1985: Distribution Select adopts a new logo.
- 1989: Distribution Musicor and Distribution Trans-Canada set up in Pointe-Claire.
- 1993: Distribution Trans-Canada ceases operations.
- 1996: Distribution Musicor joins with Distribution GAM.
- 2001: Distribution Select ceases the activities of Distribution Musicor and Distribution GAM.
- Official site
- "Canadian French and English artists rack-up certifications". Canadian Recording Industry Association. December 2003. Archived from the original on 2008-11-10. Retrieved 2008-12-30.
|This article about a Canadian record label is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Quebec-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|