District 5, Ho Chi Minh City
|Centrally Governed City||Ho Chi Minh|
|• People's Council||Võ Tiến Sĩ|
|• People's Committee||Huỳnh Thị Thảo|
|• Total||4.27 km2 (1.65 sq mi)|
|• Density||44,000/km2 (110,000/sq mi)|
|• Main ethnic groups||Việt, Hoa|
|Time zone||UTC+07 (ICT)|
District 5 (Vietnamese: Quận 5) is an urban district (Quận) of Ho Chi Minh City, the largest city in Vietnam. The Chinese community accounts for a significant population in this district. There are several hospitals, high schools and universities in this district.
There are 15 wards in district 5, from Ward 1 to Ward 15.
- Cholon, the Chinatown of Ho Chi Minh City.
- Windsor Plaza Hotel (5 stars), the current highest building in District 5 
- Hải Thượng Lãn Ông historic quarter (selling Chinese and Vietnamese herbs).
- Đại Thế Giới Water Park 
- District 5 Cultural Centre 
- Kim Biên market (selling chemical substances)
- An Đông market
Eat in District Five, Live in District Three and See in District One.
Location within Ho Chi Minh City
High Schools and Universities
- Hùng Vương High School
- Lê Hồng Phong High School for the Gifted
- High School for the Gifted
- Ho Chi Minh City Pedagogical University
- Ho Chi Minh City University of Science
- Ho Chi Minh City Medicine and Pharmacy University
- Ho Chi Minh City Sports Pedagogical University
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-09-24. Retrieved 2013-10-17.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-19. Retrieved 2013-10-17.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
|This article about a location in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|