District Council of Loxton Waikerie
|District Council of Loxton Waikerie
Location of the District Council of Loxton Waikerie
|Population||11,462 (2015 est)|
|• Density||1.44049/km2 (3.7309/sq mi)|
|Established||3 May 1997|
|Area||7,957 km2 (3,072.2 sq mi)|
|Mayor||Leon Stasinowsky |
|Region||Murray and Mallee|
|Website||District Council of Loxton Waikerie|
The District Council of Loxton Waikerie is a local government area in the Murray Mallee region of South Australia. The council seat lies at Loxton, while it maintains a branch office at Waikerie.
It includes the towns and localities of Alawoona, Boolgun, Bakara Well, Billiatt, Bookpurnong, Bugle Hut, Caliph, Devlins Pound, Golden Heights, Good Hope Landing, Holder, Holder Siding, Kanni, Kingston On Murray, Kringin, Loxton, Loxton North, Lowbank, Maggea, Malpas, Markaranka, Meribah, Moorook, Moorook South, Naidia, New Residence, New Well, Notts Well, Paisley, Paruna, Pata, Peebinga, Pooginook, Pyap, Pyap West, Qualco, Ramco, Ramco Heights, Schell Well, Stockyard Plain, Sunlands, Taldra, Taplan, Taylorville, Taylorville Station, Veitch, Waikerie, Wappilka, Wigley Flat, Woodleigh, Woolpunda, Wunkar and Yinkanie, and parts of Galga, Mantung, Mercunda, Murbko and Westons Flat.
|Mayor ||Leon Stasinowsky|
|Unsubdivided ||Jody Flavel|
|Michael Vowles||Deputy Mayor|
The District Council of Loxton Waikerie has a directly-elected mayor.
- "3218.0 – Regional Population Growth, Australia, 2014–15". Australian Bureau of Statistics. Retrieved 29 September 2016.
- "Elected Members". District Council of Loxton Waikerie. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Murray and Mallee SA Government region" (PDF). The Government of South Australia. Retrieved 10 October 2014.
- "District Council of Loxton Waikerie". Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Introduction". District Council of Loxton Waikerie. Retrieved 31 March 2016.
- "Location SA Map Viewer". Government of South Australia. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Election Results 2014" (PDF). Local Government Association of South Australia. Retrieved 15 February 2016.