District of Columbia Democratic State Committee
|National affiliation||Democratic Party|
11 / 13
As of March 31, 2016, Democrats make up 76 percent of the registered voters in the District of Columbia, while 6 percent are registered with the Republican Party (represented by the District of Columbia Republican Committee), 1 percent with the D.C. Statehood Green Party, less than 1 percent with the Libertarian Party (represented by the Libertarian Party of the District of Columbia), and 17 percent with no party or other.
Current elected officials
U.S. House of Representatives
The District of Columbia is not a U.S. state and therefore has no voting representation. Instead, constituents in the district elect a non-voting delegate to the U.S. House of Representatives. The current delegate is a Democrat.
City-wide executive officials
District of Columbia has two city-wide elected executive officials: the Mayor & the Attorney General. Both officials are Democrats.
The Council of the District of Columbia is the legislative branch of the local government of the District of Columbia. Democrats hold 11 of the 13 seats in the Council.
- Council Chairman: Phil Mendelson
- At-large: Anita Bonds
- At-large: Robert White
- Ward 1: Brianne Nadeau
- Ward 2: Brooke Pinto
- Ward 3: Mary Cheh
- Ward 4: Janeese Lewis George
- Ward 5: Kenyan McDuffie
- Ward 6: Charles Allen
- Ward 7: Vincent C. Gray
- Ward 8: Trayon White
The posts of shadow United States Senator and shadow United States Representative (not to be confused with the non-voting delegate) are held by elected or appointed government officials from subnational polities of the United States that lack congressional vote. While these officials are not seated in either chamber of Congress, they seek for their subnational polity to gain voting rights in Congress.
In District of Columbia, such officeholders are elected. All of them are Democrats.
- Senior United States shadow senator: Paul Strauss (Class II)
- Junior United States shadow senator: Mike Brown (Class I)
- Shadow representative: Oye Owolewa
As of January 2020, the committee's officers are:
- Chair: Charles Wilson
- Vice Chair: Linda Gray
- Executive Director: Claudette David
- Recording Secretary: Allen Karnofsky
- Corresponding Secretary: Alexa Wertman-Brown
- Treasurer: Brandon Frye
- National Committeewoman: Silvia Martinez
- National Committeeman: Jack Evans
- Winger, Richard. "March 2021 Ballot Access News Print Edition". Ballot Access News. Retrieved April 1, 2021.
- District of Columbia Board of Elections and Ethics. "Voter Registration Statistics". Retrieved 2008-08-13.
- "About Us". District of Columbia Democratic State Committee. Archived from the original on April 14, 2013. Retrieved September 25, 2017.