Districts of the Turks and Caicos Islands
The Turks and Caicos Islands are divided into five administrative districts (one in the Turks Islands and four in the Caicos Islands), and the Island of Grand Turk; four of these are headed by District Commissioners, and Providenciales District is run by the Permanent Secretary of the Office of the Premier in Providenciales. The Island of Grand Turk is directly administered by the TCI Government.
|Nr||Administrative District||Headquarters||Area (km²)||Population[a]||Electoral Districts|
|1||Providenciales (including West Caicos)||Providenciales||163.6||23,769||6|
|2||North Caicos||Bottle Creek||144.9||1,443||2|
|3||Middle Caicos||Conch Bar||144.2||168||1|
|4||South Caicos (including East Caicos)||Cockburn Harbour||136.8||1,139||2|
|5||Grand Turk||Grand Turk||17.6||4,831||4|
|6||Salt Cay||Salt Cay||9.1||108||-|
|Turks and Caicos Islands||Grand Turk||616.3||31,458||15|
(the area figures were determined from information in "TCI Physical Characteristics")
For the legislative council, the Turks and Caicos Islands are divided into fifteen Electoral Districts (four in the Turks Islands and eleven in the Caicos Islands):
|Electoral District||Official Description||Representative as of 2004-10-13|
|Electoral District One||West Road, Grand Turk||Dwayne Taylor|
|Electoral District Two||Overback, Grand Turk||Floyd Basil Hall|
|Electoral District Three||Backsalina-North, Grand Turk||Oswald O. Skippings|
|Electoral District Four||Backsalina-South, Grand Turk1)||Derek Hugh Taylor|
|Electoral District Five||South Caicos South, South Caicos2)||McAllister Eugene Hanchell|
|Electoral District Six||South Caicos North, South Caicos||Norman B. Saunders|
|Electoral District Seven||Middle Caicos||Jeffrey Christoval Hall|
|Electoral District Eight||North Caicos- East, North Caicos||Michael Eugene Misick|
|Electoral District Nine||North Caicos- West, North Caicos3)||Clarence W. Selver|
|Electoral District Ten||The Bight, Providenciales||Karen Delancy|
|Electoral District Eleven||Blue Hills, Providenciales||Vaden Delroy Williams|
|Electoral District Twelve||Five Cays, Providenciales||Lillian Robinson Been|
|Electoral District Thirteen||Cheshire Hall, Providenciales||Galmo Williams|
|Electoral District Fourteen||Leeward, Providenciales 4)|
|Electoral District Fifteen||Wheeland and West caicos|
|1) including Salt Cay|
|2) including Big Ambregris Cay and Little Ambergris Cay|
|3) including Parrot Cay|
|4) including Pine Cay and Water Cay|
For the November 2012 elections the Electoral District Boundary Commission has delineated 10 Electoral districts:
- Grand Turk North - former West Road and Overback
- Grand Turk South - former North and South Back Salina, and Salt Cay
- South Caicos, East Caicos, Little and Big Ambergris Cays
- Middle and North Caicos, and Parrot Cay
- Leeward, Providenciales, Pine Cay, Little and Big Water Cays, and East Cays, including Dellis Cay
- The Bight, Providenciales
- Cheshire Hall and Richmond Hill, Providenciales
- Blue Hills, Providenciales
- Five Cays, Providenciales
- Wheeland and North West and North Central, Providenciales, and West Caicos.
On August 14, 2012, Governor Roderic Todd signed into law the Electoral Districts (Boundaries Amendment) Ordinance.
- The Islands area and population data retrieved from the 2012 census
- "TCI Physical Characteristics" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-07-25. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Salt Cay tourist information". Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Governor signs Electoral Districts (Boundaries Amendment) Ordinance into law". 15 August 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2013.