|Dittrichia graveolens at the Dehesa Boyal de Puertollano botanical gardens, Puertollano, Spain|
Dittrichia graveolens, commonly known as stinkwort or stinking fleabane, is a plant species in the sunflower family, native to southern Europe, North Africa, and western Asia as far east as Pakistan. It has become naturalized in California, Asia, Africa, Australia, and other places and is regarded as a noxious weed in some regions. It is a classified as an invasive species in California, and a potential threat to wine production in the state.
Dittrichia graveolens is a branching subshrub up to 130 cm (52 inches) tall, with a rank, foul smell. Leaves are long and narrow, pointed at each end, with small teeth along the edges and glandular hairs on the surfaces. One plant can produce numerous yellow flower heads with as many as 16 ray florets and 40 disc florets.
- The Plant List, Dittrichia graveolens (L.) Greuter
- Flora of North America, Stinkwort Dittrichia graveolens
- "BSBI List 2007". Botanical Society of Britain and Ireland. Archived from the original (xls) on 2015-01-25. Retrieved 2014-10-17.
- Altervista Flora Italiana genere Dittrichia includes photos and European distribution maps
- Biota of North America Program, 2014 county distribution map
- Atlas of Living Australia, Dittrichia graveolens (L.) Greuter, Stinkwort
- "Dittrichia graveolens (L.) Greuter". Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN). Agricultural Research Service (ARS), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Retrieved 2014-06-16.
- Brownsey, Rachel; Guy B. Kyser; Joseph M. DiTomaso (April–June 2013). "Stinkwort is rapidly expanding its range in California" (PDF). California Agriculture. University of California. 67 (2).
- Ortiz, Edward (2010-07-28). "Stinkwort's fast growth could threaten California's wine growers - Agriculture - The Sacramento Bee". Sacbee.com. Archived from the original on 2013-08-14. Retrieved 2013-08-14.
- Weeds of California and Other Western States, Volume 1, Joseph M. DiTomaso, Evelyn A. Healy. UCANR Publications, 2007. page 350
|Wikispecies has information related to Dittrichia graveolens|
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dittrichia graveolens.|
- Dittrichia graveolens, Calflora taxon report, University of California
- Dittrichia graveolens, California Invasive Plant Council
- Dittrichia graveolens, United States Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management
- Dittrichia graveolens, United States Department of Agriculture plants provile
- Dittrichia graveolens Calphotos photo gallery, University of California @ Berkeley