This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2012)
|Picture format||576i (SDTV 4:3)|
|Owner||Universal Networks International (NBCUniversal)|
|Sister channels||Universal Channel|
|Launched||1 October 2007|
|Closed||14 February 2012|
(at time of closure)
|Virgin Media||Channel 164|
Despite having quite a varied schedule upon launch, the channel's programming declined.[according to whom?] It aired shows such as The Late Show With David Letterman, The Oprah Winfrey Show, The Talk and McLeod's Daughters.
On 1 November 2011 Diva TV +1 closed on Sky channel 277. The channel had previously been available on Virgin Media channel 165 until 1 April 2010.
Diva TV closed on 14 February 2012 at midnight with its most popular programmes shifted to the Style Network. The move followed NBCUniversal's acquisition by Comcast in March 2011 and affected only the UK market.
The Ellen DeGeneres Show
From April 2011, Diva TV no longer aired The Ellen DeGeneres Show. Diva TV have cited being "unable to attract enough viewers to make the show viable for the channel". From 19 September 2011 Really picked up The Ellen DeGeneres Show starting from season 9.
- "Diva TV drops the Late Show With David Letterman". Late Show UK. Retrieved 2008-10-06.
- "UKTV Drama timeshift added to VM lineup". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2007-10-23.
- "NBCU to close DivaTV". Broadcast. 26 January 2012.
- "Diva TV to close in February". Entertainment Interactive. 27 January 2012.
- Diva TV Forum: Ellen Archived July 28, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-10-14. Retrieved 2011-09-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)