Dive Coaster (Chimelong Paradise)
|Opening date||February 7, 2008|
|Type||Steel – Dive Coaster|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Model||Floorless Dive Coaster|
|Lift/launch system||Chain lift hill|
|Height||197 ft (60 m)|
|Speed||68.4 mph (110.1 km/h)|
|Max vertical angle||90°|
|Dive Coaster at RCDB
Pictures of Dive Coaster at RCDB
Dive Coaster is a Floorless Dive roller coaster  operating at Chimelong Paradise in China. It is built by Swiss coaster manufacturers Bolliger & Mabillard. A photo update on the parks website shows the coaster's first and second drop along with the water splash, the coaster's final brake run and a row of a train in the station with 10 seats in the row, as well as two pictures of SheiKra.
Dive Coaster features a 90°, 197 foot vertical drop that exits into an Immelmann loop. After the Immelmann, riders will swoop down to the ground then climb a curve up to the block brake, then go over a second near vertical dive dropping into an underground tunnel. Upon exiting the tunnel, riders make an overbanked turn into a water splash feature which exits into a bunny hill then into a helix before entering the final brake run. This ride is very similar to SheiKra at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay.
- (Chinese) World's longest inverted roller coaster to run in Guangzhou_English_Xinhua
- (Chinese) 全球最顶尖过山车之王垂直过山车 Archived January 28, 2008, at the Wayback Machine.
- Dive Coaster entry at RCDB
- Dive Coaster photo update on the parks website (Site is in Chinese)
- Video of the press conference for Dive Coaster at the park (Site is in Chinese)
|This article about an amusement ride or roller coaster is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|