Diver (Nico Touches the Walls song)
|Single by Nico Touches the Walls|
|from the album Passenger|
|Released||January 12, 2011|
|Genre||Alternative rock, power pop|
|Nico Touches the Walls singles chronology|
"Diver" is the eighth single by Japanese rock band Nico Touches the Walls, released on January 12, 2011, from their third studio album Passenger. The song was featured as the 8th opening of the anime Naruto Shippuden, from October 2010.
In 2010, of all the new songs performed during the tour "Michi Naki Michi", "Diver" had the most requests to be released as a single. At the request of fans, the band brushed up the song, rearranging it after its initial concert version and presented it as the opening theme for "Naruto Shippuuden". The coupling track, "Yuujou Sanka", has only been performed once, at NICO's first ever one-band show, and the song had nearly disappeared. It was performed again during NICO's first school festival tour, and was widely talked about. It's an innovative song, filled with memories from Mitsumura's (vocal, guitar) own school festival. The bonus tracks were recorded at CC Lemon Hall, on October 7, at the 2010 concert "EastxWest Apollo and Luna ~Night of Luna~".
- "Yuunjou Sanka"
- "Broken Youth" (Live Version)
- "Diver" (Live Version)
The single is the most successful of the band to date, reaching number seven in the Oricon Chart in Japan. When the song was distributed early as a ring tone, it earned NICO their first number one ranking on Rekochoku's daily chart, and it was number two on the monthly chart.
- "Lançamento do terceiro álbum do NICO Touches the Walls". Retrieved 2012-03-04.
- "nicotouch.livejournal.com/3084.html". NICO Touches the Walls official site. Retrieved 2012-02-19.
- "NICO Touches the Walls、新曲が『NARUTO -ナルト- 疾風伝』オープニングテーマに決定". August 2010. Archived from the original on 2012-05-14. Retrieved 2012-03-03.
- / "Nico Touches the Walls のシングル売り上げランキング" Check
|url=value (help). Oricon. Retrieved 2011-07-27.