Diversified Global Graphics Group
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (May 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Financial printing, commercial printing|
|Headquarters||Jersey City, New Jersey, United States|
|Thomas Saggiomo, President and CEO|
|Products||Catalogs, direct mail, fulfillment, prospectuses and other financial documents, retail inserts, variable data printing, web-to-print and electronic SEC filings|
Number of employees
DG3 was ranked 36 in the 2008 and 2009 Printing Impressions 400, published by the North American Publishing Company (NAPCO). The list consists of leading printing companies in the US and Canada.
DG3 traces its roots back to 1983, when Michael Cunningham formed Cunningham Graphics International Inc. (CGI) in the United States. CGI served the financial service industry as a print broker. In 1989, CGI established itself in the New York City area as a print manufacturer, specializing in printing time sensitive investment research for the financial service industry.
In 1990, CGI shifted its focus to the globalization of financial markets. As a result, CGI formed a strategic alliance with both Roda Print in London and Workable in Hong Kong. Roda Print was known for developing and producing fast turnaround printing services for the investment banking community in London. Workable was known as the printer of choice for Hong Kong's finance industry. The alliance between the three companies formed the World Research Link (WRL). WRL specialized in simultaneous printing and distribution across multiple time zone for CGI's global clients.
Throughout the 1990s, CGI focused on acquiring the in-house print facilities of major financial institutions. In all, CGI acquired ten in-house production operations from the twenty top financial institutions in the world, while providing non-exclusive services to an additional three.
In 1998, CGI completed its initial public offering on Nasdaq (NM: CGII) and acquired Roda Print and Workable Printing Limited in Hong Kong. In addition, CGI acquired several other printing firms and completed additional outsourcing transactions in the United States. In the first year of public offering, CGI saw a gain of 71% over the previous year's earnings.
In June 2000, CGI was acquired by the world's largest payroll processing and financial services back office processing firm — Automatic Data Processing Inc. (NYSE: ADP). The business changed its name to ADP Graphic Communications and operated as part of ADP's Investor Communications Division. In 2004, Peter Furlonge acquired CGI Europe Limited, CGI Asia Limited, CGI Japan Limited and CGI Pacific Limited from ADP in a management buyout to form The CGI Group. Furlonge then completed the acquisition of a large digital print business called 3D Digital Ltd. and formed CGI Squared, a technology-focused creative communications business in Birmingham, England of which John White was Managing Director.
David Klaiss was promoted to President of the North American business and played a leading role in stabilizing the company and returning it to profit.
In 2008, DG3 received a major investment from Arsenal Capital Partners and appointed Larry Bloch as Chairman. In that same year, DG3 acquired PharmAid Industries, a supplier of communications services to pharmaceutical firms and Pace Press, a New York area commercial print provider. In addition, DG3 formed an alliance with Computershare Communication Services, a Computershare Limited (ASX: CPU) business, to deliver an improved shareholder communication model to public companies worldwide. DG3 also opened a facility devoted to rapid-response worldwide fulfillment.
At this time DG3 divested its UK marketing, corporate communications and typesetting business, DG3 Squared, to the group's VP for Emerging Products and Services, John White, who led an MBO to form MADISONSOHO 
In 2010, focused on innovation, DG3 launched its FundINSite product to help investment companies comply with new disclosure requirements. Also in 2010, DG3 released its XBRL viewer software. The proprietary software was designed to allow investment companies to increase usability within SEC compliance regulations.
DG3 has taken an active stance on environmental responsibility. The EPA has recognized DG3 to be one of the top 5 commercial printing companies according to a national survey of environmental leadership. DG3 is also a member of the EPA Green Power Partnership.
DG3 has been recognized by the New Jersey Department of Transportation as a Platinum Level Smart Workplace from 2007 to 2010. The recognition is presented to companies that provide commuter benefit programs to employees in order to promote improved air quality and decreased traffic congestion.
DG3 Europe has also set an initiative to increase sustainability within their UK facilities. Their work earned DG3 Europe the Best Business Services Company award from Green Business Awards in 2008.
Awards and recognition
- New Jersey Department of Transportation Smart Workplaces Award, 2007 (as CGI Group America, Inc), 2008, 2009, 2010.
- Best Business Services Company — Green Business Awards 2008 (Presented to DG3 Europe).
- Certificate of Merit: Digital Printing — On Demand — Printing Industries of America. Premiere Print Awards, 2009.
- Gold Awards — International Association of Printing House Craftsmen (IAPHC). 35th annual Gallery of Superb Printing competition, 2009.
- Multiple Gold Ink Awards. 22nd annual printing competition, 2009.
- Categories: superior color quality, technical difficulty, overall visual effect
- IAPHC International Gallery of Excellence printing competition 2010. Multiple.
- Categories: three gold awards, one silver award and one bronze award
- "DG3 North America, Inc: Private Company Information". Bloomberg Business Week. 2010-08-18. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "The 2009 Printing Impressions 400" (PDF). NAPCO. 2008-12-01. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Company Description". Nasdaq. 1998-04-22. Archived from the original on 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- Peterson's Guides, Peterson's. Peterson's Job Opportunities. Petersons, 1999. p. 343.
- "Printing Service Agreement with Goldman Sachs". TechAgreements. 1996-06-12. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "Filing Detail". US SEC. 1998-02-18. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "Cunningham Graphics International Announces Record Fourth Quarter and Year-End Results". Highbeam Research. 1999-12-31. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "Cunningham Graphics International Acquires New Jersey Printer". Highbeam Research. 1999-09-02. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "Cunningham Graphics International Expands New York Operations". Highbeam Research. 1999-10-18. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "Cunningham Graphics International Announces Record Second Quarter Results; Revenues Increase 72%; EPS Excluding Non-Recurring Moving Costs $0.28 vs.$0.17". Highbeam Research. 1999-07-26. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "A.D.P. TO BUY CUNNINGHAM GRAPHICS FOR $127 MILLION". New York Times. 2000-05-04. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "Cunningham Graphics to be Acquired by ADP". CBS Interactive. 2000-03-05. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "The CGI Group America, Inc. Acquires ADP Graphic Communications, Inc". Globe Newswire. 2006-01-25. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "The CGI Group of Companies appoint Dr. Michael R. Cunningham Chief Executive Officer". WhatTheyThink?. 2007-05-15. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "CGI North America, Inc. Installs Komori Heat Set Web and Sheetfed Presses". Globe Newswire. 2007-04-30. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "The CGI Group of Companies Changes Name to the Diversified Global Graphics Group (DG3)". GlobeNewswire. 2007-12-28. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Michael Cunningham, Chairman And CEO Of Cunningham Graphics International, Receives New Jersey..." AllBusiness.com. 1999-06-23. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "The CGI Group of Companies Appoints Dr. Michael R. Cunningham Chief Executive Officer". GlobeNewswire. 2007-05-14. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "Arsenal Capital Partners Invests in DG3". Arsenal Capital Partners. 2008-04-09. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "Computershare and Diversified Global Graphics Group (DG3) Form Alliance to Expand Shareholder Communication Solutions". PRNewswire. 2008-12-09. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "DG3 Announces the Grand Opening of Its State of the Art Fulfillment Center in Jersey City, New Jersey". Globe Newswire. 2008-10-15. Retrieved 2010-10-15.
- "Right time, right place for MADISONSOHO". MADISONSOHO. 2008-07-16. Archived from the original on 2010-09-12.
- "Diversified Global Graphics Group (DG3) Announces Launch of First of its Kind Proprietary XBRL Viewer that Integrates into FundInSite(TM)". GlobeNewswire. 2010-08-16. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "Diversified Global Graphics Group (DG3) announces acquisition of 1StopXBRL Limited". WhatTheyThink?. 2010-11-04. Retrieved 2010-11-041. Check date values in:
- "Top 20 Printers Partner List" (PDF). 2009-07-07. Retrieved 2010-08-23.[permanent dead link]
- "EPA Recognizes Diversified Global Graphics Group (DG3) Among Nation's Top 5 Environmental Leaders". GlobeNewswire. 2009-08-17. Retrieved 2010-08-18.
- "EPA Green Power Partnership Partner Profile". EPA. 2010-07-29. Archived from the original on 2010-08-21. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "NJ Smart Workplaces Employer Recognition Event". New Jersey Department of Transportation. 2010-06-09. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "Green Business Awards 2008: Best Business Services Company - Winner DG3 Europe". ManagementToday. 2008-11-08. Retrieved 2010-08-24.[permanent dead link]
- "2007 Awardees". NJ Department of Transportation. 2007-05-03. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "2008 Awardees". NJ Department of Transportation. 2008-05-13. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "2008 Awardees". NJ Department of Transportation. 2009-05-07. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "2008 Awardees". NJ Department of Transportation. 2010-05-07. Retrieved 2010-10-08.
- "2009 Certificate of Merit". Printing Industries of America. 2009-07-27. Retrieved 2010-08-24.
- "DG3 Wins Gold From IAPHC". DesignTaxi. 2010-02-04. Retrieved 2010-08-23.
- "DG3 Wins Gold From IAPHC". Yahoo! Finance. 2009-08-26. Retrieved 2010-08-24.[permanent dead link]
- "DG3 honored with five awards for print excellence". WhatTheyThink?. 2010-11-09. Retrieved 2010-11-09.