Divide Independent School District
In terms of students served, Divide ISD is the smallest district in Texas; the 2015 "graduation/promotion ceremony" featured a mere 11 students and the district had as few as eight students at the beginning of the 2014-2015 school year. Divide ISD serves much of western Kerr County. Divide ISD is one of the few remaining schools called "one room schoolhouses" in the United States. Technically it is not a one-room schoolhouse according to a Texas Monthly article by Katy Vine, as the original school building – still in use – does not hold the pre-Kindergarten classes. In the original building there are two classrooms since the district divided the original single room into two.
Divide Independent School District consists of one school: Divide Elementary School, serving grades pre-Kindergarten through six. Students attend middle and high school in the neighboring Ingram Independent School District.
The district was previously named the Divide Common School District but received its current name on July 1, 1989. The district is not to be confused with the former Divide Independent School District which in 1985 became part of the Blackwell Consolidated Independent School District.
The student body varies from period and period due to the nature of employment on ranches.
- Vine, Katy (September 2015). "Little Schoolhouse on the Prairie". Texas Monthly. Retrieved 2019-04-26. Italic or bold markup not allowed in:
- "Executive Summary". Texas School Performance Review Divide Independent School District. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. June 2002. Retrieved 2019-04-26.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2015-10-25.
- Unmuth, Katherine Leal. "State's exemplary schools not judged on all criteria" (Archive). The Dallas Morning News. Sunday September 9, 2007. Retrieved on August 22, 2015.
- "CONSOLIDATIONS, ANNEXATIONS AND NAME CHANGES FOR TEXAS PUBLIC SCHOOLS". Texas Education Agency. 2018-09-10. Retrieved 2019-04-26.
Divide ISD #177‐904 consolidated to Blackwell ISD #177‐903 to form Blackwell CISD effective 9/1/1985[...]Divide CSD #133‐012 reclassified to ISD. New name Divide ISD #133‐905 effective 7/1/1989
- "Community Involvement". Texas School Performance Review Divide Independent School District. Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts. June 2002. Retrieved 2019-04-26.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|