Divisions of Haryana
Administration of Haryana is divided into Revenue divisions composed of districts. Districts are further subdivided in to tehsils of the revenue administration and the Community development blocks for the development work.
Haryana has 6 administrative divisions, 22 districts, 73 sub-divisions, 93 revenue tehsils, 50 sub-tehsils, 140 community development blocks, 154 cities and towns, 6,841 villages and 6212 villages panchayats.
|Ambala||Ambala, Kurukshetra, Panchkula, Yamuna Nagar|
|Faridabad||Faridabad, Palwal, Nuh|
|Gurugram||Gurugram, Mahendragarh, Rewari|
|Hisar||Fatehabad, Jind, Hisar, Sirsa|
|Rohtak||Jhajjar, Charkhi Dadri, Rohtak, Sonipat, Bhiwani|
|Karnal||Karnal, Panipat, Kaithal|
Police ranges of Haryana, total 5 in number, each headed by an officer not below the rank of ADG of Police reporting to the Director General of Police, are as follows (c. September 2018):
- Ambala Police Range:Covers Ambala, Yamunanagar and Kurukshetra districts.
- Hisar Police Range: Covers Hisar, Hansi (Police District), Fatehabad, Sirsa and Jind districts.
- Karnal Police Range: Covers Karnal, Panipat and Kaithal districts.
- Rewari Police Range: Covers Rewari Mahendragarh, Rewari, Palwal and Nuh districts.
- Rohtak Police Range: Covers Rohtak, Jhajjar, Sonipat, Bhiwani and Charkhi Dadri districts.
Police commissionerates of Haryana, total 6 in number,are as follows (c. January 2019):
- Faridabad Police Commissionerate covering Faridabad city
- Gurugram Police Commissionerate covering Gurugram city
- Panchkula Police Commissionerate covering Panchkula city
- Reorganisation of Haryana divisions, Daily Pioneer, 3 January 2017.
- Haryana approves to create two new revenue divisions, 2 Feb 2017.
- Authority set up to rejig administrative units across Haryana, Times of India, 3 Jan 2017.
- Haryana approves to create two new revenue divisions, Web India, 2 Feb 2017.
- "Haryana State Budget 2017-18" (PDF). Haryana Finance Dept. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- NIDM, p. 3.
- Haryana establishes five police ranges, business Standard, 16 January 2017.
|This Haryana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|