Divya Deepa Charitable Trust
|Home for Learning|
Kaliyuva Mane, a special school for the underprivileged children.
Jayapura hobli, Mysore,
|Motto||School for children, not children for school|
|Established||4 March 1999|
|Founder||Mr Ananth Kumar|
Divya Deepa Charitable Trust is an NGO established in Mysore, India which runs Kaliyuva Mane, an alternative school for the underprivileged children in and around Kenchalagudu village where it is situated.
The mission of the trust is to create a replicable model of educating out of system - opportunity deprived children.
The school, mostly populated by school dropouts from conventional schools, helps rural children appear for SSLC examination of Karnataka state. An example of the alternate modes of teaching is the kid's bank inside the campus in which all students have personal savings account.
Many undergraduate students from SJCE, National Institute of Engineering, Mysore Medical College and Vidya Vardhaka College of Engineering and some IT professionals based in Bangalore are volunteers of the trust. The trust often conducts various fundraising activities in Mysore city. The volunteers involve themselves in a unique activity called paper empowerment in which they collect old newspapers from houses in Mysore and sell them to raise money, apart from setting up stalls, and designing and selling greeting cards. They also take up informal teaching at the school.
The school has no government recognition as a school, despite its successful history, because of the way it is structured, not conforming to standards. But it has been recognized as a charitable trust.
- "Karnataka / Mysore News : Success against all odds". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 11 May 2010. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Divya Deepa Charitable Trust". Divyadeepatrust.org. Archived from the original on 10 November 2011. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "Sharing and spreading joy". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 30 October 2008.
- "How 1,000,000,000 People Could Do a lot Better - YouTube". YouTube. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "The Hindu : Karnataka / Mysore News : Kids bank at 'Kaliyuva Mane'". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 14 December 2007. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- "Divya Deepa Charitable Trust". Archived from the original on 13 August 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- NARAYANA MURTHY INTERACTS WITH KIDS AT KALIYUVA MANE. - Star of Mysore (Mysore, India) | HighBeam Research
- news details mysore, about today news mysore, mysore news, information mysore, mysore information, business directory mysore, tourist place mysor
- "Spark the Rise Winners Announcement". Spark the Rise. Archived from the original on 6 May 2012. Retrieved 1 May 2012.
- "The Hindu : States / Karnataka : They stand out as an example". The Hindu. Chennai, India. 18 May 2012. Retrieved 29 July 2012.