Divya Khosla Kumar
Divya Khosla Kumar
Kumar in 2017
|Spouse(s)||Bhushan Kumar (m. 2005)|
Divya Khosla Kumar is an Indian film actress, producer and director. She has directed various advertisements and has also featured in some music videos. She is married to Bhushan Kumar, the chairman and managing director of T-Series music label and film production company.
Divya started modelling at 18 and moved to Mumbai at 20 where she got her Bollywood break and where she also met Bhushan Kumar. She started her career in Tollywood as an actress with the 2004 film Love Today at the age of 22. She also appeared in a video of pop song "Aiyyo Rama" sung by Falguni Pathak. She made her Bollywood debut in the same year with the film Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo. Divya then took a long break from acting and focused on directing.
After completing a course in cinematography and editing, Divya directed music videos for Agam Kumar Nigam, Jermaine Jackson, Tulsi Kumar, and a few ad films. After directing 20 music videos, Divya did her first directorial venture Yaariyan in 2014. Divya also choreographed 5 songs in the film, including "Baarish", "Maa", "Love Me Thoda Aur", "Allah Wariya" and "Zor Lagake". Her second directorial project was Sanam Re, which was released on 12 February 2016. Divya is also one of the producers of the 2015 film Roy starring Ranbir Kapoor.
This section may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. The specific problem is: Poor Formating (November 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
As an actress
|2004||Love Today||Parvatha Vardhini||Debut film; Telugu|
|Ab Tumhare Hawale Watan Saathiyo||Shweta Rajeev Singh|
|2016||Sanam Re||Herself||Special appearance in songs ("Akkad Bakkad" & "Humne Pee Rakkhi Hain")|
|2021||Satyameva Jayate 2||Sita Rameshwar|
|2020||Street Dancer 3D|
|2020||Indoo Ki Jawani|
|2000||"Aiyyo Rama"||Herself||Falguni Pathak||Meri Chunar Udd Udd Jaye|
|2003||"Kabhi Yaadon Mein Aaun"||Herself||Abhijeet Bhattacharya||Tere Bina||Gautam Rode|
|"Zid Na Karo Ye Dil Ka Mamla Hai"||Herself||Roop Johri, Kunal Ganjawala||Tera Mera Dil||Salman Khan|
|2017||"Kabhi Yaadon Mein"||Herself||Palak Muchhal, Arijit Singh||Kabhi Yaadon Mein||Jason D'Souza, Mohit Malhotra||Remake of 2003's "Kabhi Yaadon Mein Aaun" by Abhijeet|
|2019||"Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi"||Sitaara||Neha Kakkar||Yaad Piya Ki Aane Lagi||Abhimanyu Tomar, Shivin Narang||Remake of "Yaad Piya Ki" from the film Pyaar Koi Khel Nahin (originally performed by Falguni Pathak)|
|2020||"Teri Aankhon Mein"||Herself||Darshan Raval, Neha Kakkar||Teri Aankhon Mein||Pearl V Puri, Rohit Suchanti|
|"Besharam Bewaffa" ||B Praak||Jaani Ve||Gautam Gulati|
- "My husband is smart, strict producer: Divya Khosla Kumar – The Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 20 December 2013.
- Indian Express (17 December 2013). Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "I enjoy direction more than acting: Divya Khosla - Indian Express". archive.indianexpress.com. Archived from the original on 21 February 2014. Retrieved 15 July 2020.
- My scripts were rejected by Bhushan, reveals Divya Khosla Kumar who turns director with 'Yaariyan' Archived 18 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine. DNA India (14 December 2013)
- Director Divya Khosla Kumar choreographs five songs for Yaariyan : Bollywood, News – India Today Archived 8 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine. India Today.intoday.in (8 January 2014). Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- Divya Kumar (8 April 2012). "Divya Kumar to focus on new penchant". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 15 November 2013. Retrieved 20 December 2013.
- 'My husband said, 'Why make a film? I can gift you anything worth Rs 10 crore' Archived 8 January 2014 at the Wayback Machine. rediff.com (8 January 2014)
- Saif Ali Khan was really generous, says Divya Khosla Kumar Archived 22 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine. CNN-IBN.in.com (8 December 2013). Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- I enjoy direction more than acting: Divya Khosla Kumar Archived 21 December 2013 at the Wayback Machine. Mid-day.com (18 December 2013). Retrieved 24 December 2015.
- "Have a look at the MULTI-talented and versatile Divya Khosla!". in.news.yahoo.com. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "World would be so dry without women: 'Yaariyan' director Divya Khosla Kumar". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "Divya Khosla Kumar does a hot dance in 'Sanam Re' - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "Actor-producer Divya Khosla Kumar learns Kathak for 'Bulbul'". Zee News. 5 December 2017. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "WATCH | Bulbul star Divya Khosla Kumar finds filmmaking 'very tough'". The New Indian Express. Archived from the original on 27 September 2019. Retrieved 27 September 2019.
- "Full Movie: Bulbul (Short Film) – Divya Khosla Kumar – Shiv Pandit – Elli AvrRam". T-Series. 6 December 2017. Archived from the original on 27 September 2019. Retrieved 27 September 2019 – via YouTube.
- "Divya Khosla Kumar celebrates her birthday on Satyameva Jayate 2 sets in Lucknow with John Abraham, see pics". Hindustan Times. 20 November 2020. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "Exclusive! Divya Khosla Kumar: It is not easy to be a filmmaker and it has nothing to do with my gender - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "I don't miss acting: Sanam Re director Divya Khosla Kumar". Hindustan Times. 28 January 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "Divya Khosla Kumar: The Stunner, the Producer, the Yummy Mummy". dailybhaskar. 7 June 2016. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "Divya Khosla Kumar's New Love Song Teri Aankhon Mein Out Now". NDTV.com. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "Besharam Bewaffa: Divya Khosla Kumar Stars In Jaani And B Praak's New Song". NDTV.com. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Divya Khosla Kumar.|