Dix Township, Ford County, Illinois
Location in Ford County
Ford County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1860|
|• Total||53.99 sq mi (139.8 km2)|
|• Land||53.93 sq mi (139.7 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.11%|
|Elevation||768 ft (234 m)|
|• Density||11.9/sq mi (4.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||60933, 60936, 60952, 60957|
|GNIS feature ID||0428898|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 53.99 square miles (139.8 km2), of which 53.93 square miles (139.7 km2) (or 99.89%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.11%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these three cemeteries: Blackford, Oregon, and Pontoppidan.
Airports and landing strips
- Barnes Landing Strip
- Gibson City Municipal Airport
- Gibson City-Melvin-Sibley Community Unit School District 5
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Dix Township, Ford County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- Callary, Edward. 2009. Place Names of Illinois. Champaign: University of Illinois Press, p. 94.
||Sullivant Township||Peach Orchard Township||Wall Township|
|Drummer Township||Patton Township|
|Brown Township, Champaign County||East Bend Township, Champaign County||Ludlow Township, Champaign County|