|Industry||Golf; Sporting Goods|
|Headquarters||Tempe, Arizona, U.S.|
|William Carey (Chairman and Chief Executive Officer), Dane Platt (Chief Financial Officer)|
|Products||Dixon Earth, Dixon Wind, Dixon Fire, Dixon Spirit and apparel made from sustainable material|
In late 2008, Dixon Golf released the Dixon Earth. The Earth ball differs from conventional golf balls because it is made without the inexpensive heavy metal fillers that are used in the manufacturing of other brands of golf balls. The Dixon Earth was well received by those concerned with environmental issues, and hailed as a force to be reckoned with. However, sales to the golfing public were lackluster. In early 2010, Don Cheadle approached the company to become a spokesman for the brand. Since that time, sales have steadily increased.
The Dixon Earth is geared toward the general golfing public, whose golf handicap is between five and 20.
Dixon Golf's second product offering was the Dixon Wind golf ball. The Wind is a distance ball, designed with a denser core and a dimple pattern that will aid the ball in flight. The Wind ball is currently endorsed by the Krank Golf longdrive team.
The Fire is Dixon Golf's version of a tour-caliber ball. It has a softer feel for improved control amongst other features. Though the timing of the release of the Fire can seem precarious, against the backdrop of the economic downturn of the late 2000s, the company has been quick to state in the press that the ball is not for the average golfer.
In June, 2012 Dixon Golf released the Dixon Spirit golf ball. Following in line with the company's previous three offerings, the construction of the Spirit ball makes it eco-friendly, the first such ball designed specifically for ladies.
Dixon Golf has instituted a recycling program to back up its environmental efforts. The program credits golfers $0.50 for any golf ball turned in to be recycled. That credit can then be used toward the purchase of a new dozen Dixon Earth golf balls. The recycled golf balls are turned into artificial turf and playground equipment.
Because of Dixon Golf's eco-friendly products, the company has gained the attention of many celebrities, including:
- Don Cheadle
- Josh Duhamel
- Anthony Anderson
- Kevin Sorbo
- Scott Flansburg
- Oliver Hudson
- Aubrey McCormick
- Dixon Golf to participate in United Nations World Environment Day | World Golf News
- Dixon Golf launches games most expensive ball | Golf Channel
- Dixon Fire Golf Ball
- Dixon Spirit: An eco-friendly golf ball for women: New Stuff: Golf Digest
- Recycling Golf Balls is a Hole-in-one
- Dixon Golf Recycles
- Dixon Golf > Recycle
- What’s New For 2011 | PGA TOUR WM Phoenix Open Golf Tournament
- Dixon Golf to recycle 144,000 golf balls for Waste Management Phoenix Open logo sign
- Dixon Golf at the WM Phoenix Open - YouTube
- Sneak Peek: Green at the Phoenix Open - Earth911.com
- Actor, Philantrhopist Don Cheadle To Be Celebrity Spokesperson For Dixon Golf » The Wire
- Josh Duhamel and Fergie in Costa Rica for Dixon Golf - YouTube
- Dixon Recyclable Golf Balls Attract Celebrity Attention
- Ecollywood: Steve Buscemi on the Gulf and 'Boardwalk Empire' | MNN - Mother Nature Network
- Injury doesn't bother Tiger during exhibition - USATODAY.com
- Arizona Golfer News