|Owner||Turkish Air Force|
|Operator||DHMİ (State Airports Administration)|
8th Air Wing, 2nd Air Force Command
|Elevation AMSL||686 m / 2,251 ft|
Diyarbakır Airport is home to the 8th Air Wing (Ana Jet Üs or AJÜ) of the 2nd Air Force Command (Hava Kuvvet Komutanligi) of the Turkish Air Force (Türk Hava Kuvvetleri). Other wings of this command are located in Merzifon (LTAP), Malatya Erhaç (LTAT) and İncirlik (LTAG).
The airport was closed for renovation from 1 June to 1 September 2012. All air traffic was diverted to Batman, Mardin and Elazığ.
In 2012, an Armenian American named Zuart Sudjian, claiming that she held the land deed to the property of the airport and owned the right of its inheritance. She filed a lawsuit through her lawyer Ali Elbeyoğlu for the return of the lands. After a rejection by a local court, the case was taken to the Court of Cassation where the verdict is being appealed.
Airlines and destinations
|AnadoluJet||Ankara, Bursa, Erbil, Istanbul–Sabiha Gökçen|
|Corendon Airlines||Seasonal: Hannover (begins 29 June 2020)|
|Pegasus Airlines||Ankara, Ercan, Istanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, Izmir|
|SunExpress Deutschland||Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hannover|
|Year (months)||Domestic||% change||International||% change||Total||% change|
On January 8, 2003, Turkish Airlines Flight 634, crashed on approaching Diyarbakır Airport. 75 of the 80 passengers and crew on board were killed.
On August 27, 2016, several rockets were fired at the airport.
- (in Turkish) Diyarbakır Hava Meydanı Archived January 2, 2008, at the Wayback Machine at DHMİ (State Airports Authority)
- Airport information for LTCC at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.Source: DAFIF.
- Airport information for LTCC at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- Turkish Air Force Archived December 13, 2007, at the Wayback Machine - Scramble
- Gültekin, Uygar (31 December 2014). "Landing Diyarbakır Airport on the Basmacıyans' land". Agos.
- Liu, Jim. "Anadolu Jet adds Erbil service from late-March 2019". Routesonline. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "Hanover". corendonairlines.com.
- "Turkish Airlines to fully move to Istanbul New in late 4Q18". ch-aviation.com. 16 October 2018. Retrieved 2018-10-16.
- "Statistics". Archived from the original on 2015-06-28. Retrieved 2010-12-11.
- "Rockets hit airport in Turkey's southeast – reports". rt.com. Russia Today. Retrieved August 27, 2016.