A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (February 2021)
|Developer(s)||django CMS Association|
|Initial release||May 2007|
3.8.0 / 28 October 2020
|Available in||16+ languages|
|Type||Content management system|
|License||Revised BSD License|
django CMS 1.0 was created by Thomas Steinacher.
django CMS 2.0 was a complete rewrite of the system by Patrick Lauber, itself based on a fork of django-page-cms.
django CMS 3.0 was released in 2013.
As of 10 June 2016[update], django CMS 3.0 is compatible with Django versions 1.8 and 1.7.
As of 15 September 2016[update], django CMS 3.4 introduced a Long Term Support (LTS) release cycle.
As of 5 March 2018[update], django CMS 3.5 introduced structure board decoupled from page rendering and offer Page copy between sites, compatible with Django 1.8 to 1.11
As of 29 January 2019, django CMS 3.6 introduced Django 2.0 and 2.1 support
As of 25 September 2019, django CMS 3.7 introduced Django 2.2 support
As of 22 April 2020, django CMS 3.7 introduced Django 3.0 support
In July 2020 Divio, which had originally developed django CMS and had maintained it up to that point, handed over responsibility for the open-source project to the newly founded django CMS Association (dCA). Divio remains committed to django CMS as a sponsor of the django CMS website and as one of the founding members of the dCA, along with what. and Eliga Services.
django CMS handles multilingual content by default. Its administration interface supports several languages.
- edit all plugins within the page.
- Reusable plugins
- use django CMS plugins in your own apps.
- Flexible Plugin Architecture
- build flexible pages with a wide range of plugins.
- Search Engine Optimization
- the structure of the pages is optimized for indexing.
- Editorial workflow
- workflows for publishing and approval.
- Permission Management
- set specific rights to different users.
- each modification of the page will be saved. You can restore any state you wish.
- administer multiple websites over the same admin interface.
- support for different languages (i.e. Arabic, Chinese or Russian)
- Applications (Apps)
- add apps to different pages of the CMS.
- Media Asset Manager (MAM)
- allows you to manage all kind of assets (pictures, PDFs, videos and other documents).
- "Release 3.8.0". 28 October 2020. Retrieved 9 November 2020.
- "django CMS Translations". Transifex. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "LICENSE". Github. Retrieved 22 September 2019.
- "Developers". django-cms.org. Retrieved 18 March 2018.
- "Django Packages: CMS Comparison". djangopackages.com. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- "Languages used by Django CMS". github.com. Retrieved 17 November 2009.
- "Developers". django-cms.org. Retrieved 18 March 2018. — a list of developers, and tools used.