|Pricing model||Tiered À la carte|
|Platforms||Cross-platform (web-based application)|
|Format||MPEG Layer 3 (.mp3) @ 192 or 320 kbit/s,
WAVE Audio (.wav)
|Catalogue||1,300,000 tracks, 250,000 releases, 28,000 artist charts from 98,000 artist and remixers across 9,000 signed labels.|
|Preview||2:00 minute MP3 previews @ 96 kbit/s|
|Protocol||Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure (https://)|
Djshop Records is a German-based online dance music retail store, selling vinyl records, CDs, music downloads and music accessories, founded by Armin Wirth. The website was created in 1993. In 1998 the site changed into the European commercial franchise store Djshop, with locations in Poland, Vienna, Switzerland, Netherlands and the UK. During the e-commerce boom of the late 1990s, the site differentiated itself from other dance music stores by maintaining a text-based presentation.
In July 2005, Djshop Records added MP3 and WAV downloads to its catalogue. In December 2008 Djshop released the independent digital music upload portal Feiyr that's allowed every dj and artist to sell their music in real time in the djshop. In 2011 has djshop over 10 000 labels and artists under contracts.
With the start of 2009 Feiyr began cooperation with several online shops like iTunes, Amazon and Napster to sell the digital content from the DJs to their shops. One Year later djshop closed contracts as the first specialized dance store with the big 4 major music companies called Warner, EMI, Sony BMG to sell the major music content in the djshop. Feiyr and djshop starts in 2010 to press individually download files on vinyl.
In November Djshop released the first mobile dance store in the iTunes app store. In January 2011 Djshop won the German biggest Poll from Pioneer and the Raveline Magazine (85 000 readers) as the German most wanted Download Store. Since January 2011 Djshop presents the digital download charts from the Germany biggest DJ mag. With start 2011 djshop release in Germany’s biggest underground party magazine Partysan the music charts.
- Djshop records – the main international online shop for both physical and digital products, with language support in English and German
- Feiyr – upload your music – international independent music distribution portal
- Armin Wirth, 2011, Retrieved 2011-03-10[better source needed]
- "DANCE ALL DAY". DANCE ALL DAY. 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Press Article Telekom Austria". Telekom Austria. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-07-06. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Feiyr Labels". Feiyr. 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Feiyr Distribution Partner". feiyr. 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Major Content News". Feiyr. 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Soundsector Vinyl Pressing". soundsector. 2011. Archived from the original on 2011-01-10. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Itunes App Store". Itunes. 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Raveline Charts Dj Mag". A.E.C. Geronimo Verlag GmbH. 2011. Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- "Partysan Deejay Magazine". PARTYSAN Central GmbH. 2011. Archived from the original on 2012-07-07. Retrieved 2011-03-10.