23 March 1993 |
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)|
|St. Louis Blues
HC Slavia Praha
|National team||Czech Republic|
|NHL Draft||41st overall, 2011
St. Louis Blues
Dmitrij Alexejevič Jaškin (Russian: Дмитрий Алексеевич Яшкин; born 23 March 1993) is a Russian-born Czech ice hockey player who currently plays for the St. Louis Blues of the National Hockey League. Jaškin was selected first overall in the 2010 KHL Junior Draft by Sibir Novosibirsk, and was drafted by the St. Louis Blues in the 2nd round, 41st overall, in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
His father, Alexej Jaškin, was a professional defenceman for Khimik Voskresensk in the Soviet Championship League and later HC Vsetín in the Czech Extraliga. Dmitrij and his older brother Michail started in the Vsetín youth system while their father played there, and they both transferred to Slavia Prague in 2008. The family has lived in the Czech Republic since 1993, when Dmitrij was eight months old.
He first played professionally for Slavia Praha of the Czech Extraliga for two seasons. Jaškin could have played in the 2011 IIHF World U20 Championship, but suffered a knee injury in an Extraliga game on 21 November, which sidelined him for six weeks and caused him to miss the tournament. He registered 10 points in 33 Extraliga games during the season as a 17-year-old, ranking him second among junior-aged players in the league.
During the 2013–14 season, on 28 December 2013, he scored his first NHL goal against Antti Raanta of the Chicago Blackhawks. On July 3, 2015, the Blues re-signed him to a one-year deal. Following 2015–16 season, on June 16, 2016, Jaskin re-signed a two-year deal, $2 million contract with the Blues.
Regular season and playoffs
|2010–11||HC Slavia Praha||CZE||33||3||7||10||16||17||2||1||3||31|
|2011–12||HC Slavia Praha||CZE||30||1||1||2||16||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||St. Louis Blues||NHL||2||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2013–14||St. Louis Blues||NHL||18||1||1||2||8||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||St. Louis Blues||NHL||54||13||5||18||16||6||0||1||1||2|
|2015–16||St. Louis Blues||NHL||65||4||9||13||26||6||1||1||2||5|
|2016–17||St. Louis Blues||NHL||51||1||10||11||18||2||1||0||1||4|
|2017–18||St. Louis Blues||NHL||76||6||11||17||14||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Jaskin Signs 3-Year Entry-Level Contract". National Hockey League. 2013-04-03. Retrieved 2013-04-03.
- "Czech Hockey Report: Jaškin out, Frk added to preliminary WJC roster". czechhockeyreport.com. 2010-11-02. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
- "Complete statistics". Hokej.cz. 2011-10-02. Retrieved 2011-10-02.
- "Jaškin: "I want to go to Canada"". CzechHockeyReport.com. 2012-06-01. Retrieved 2012-06-02.
- "Blues Recall Jaskin from Peoria". National Hockey League. 2013-04-09. Retrieved 2013-04-09.
- Tucker, Cam (3 July 2015). "Blues re-sign Jaskin to one-year contract". nbcsports.com. NBCSports. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- The Associated Press (16 June 2016). "Blues re-sign forward Dmitrij Jaskin to two-year deal". Sportsnet.ca. St. Louis: Sportsnet. Retrieved 11 December 2017.