This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Dmitry Maleshin is a Russian lawyer, scholar and author in the field of civil procedural law, legal education. He has authored more than 80 peer reviewed articles, as well as contributing to a number of text books and other works. He is currently professor at Moscow State University and a Visiting Professor at Saint-Petersburg University and Higher School of Economics.
Education, teaching and advisory work
Maleshin received his degrees from Moscow State University in 1999 (Equivalent of J.D)), 2002 (Equivalent of Ph.D), 2011 (Doctor of Law). He is a professor of civil procedural law at Moscow State University. He has also taught and scholared at a number of universities including:
- Higher School of Economics, Professor of civil procedural law since 2014:
- Moscow State University, Vice-Dean of Law Faculty in 2003-2013;
- Tyumen State University, Advisor of the Law Faculty since 2014;
- Harvard Law School, Visiting Scholar in 2008;
- Yale Law School, Visiting Scholar in 2004.
In 2013 Maleshin participated in the Dean's elections at the Law Faculty of Moscow State University and got a majority vote, but the elections were declared invalid. That fact was highly illuminated by Russian mass-media: Kommersant, TVrain, and Izvestia.
He is the editor-in-chief of the
Member of the editorial boards of the following academic journals:
- Civil Procedure Review
- Herald of Civil Procedure
- Правоведение (Jurisprudence)
- Исполнительное право (Enforcement Law)
- University of Bologna Law Review (general student-edited law journal)
He has served as a member on a wide variety of international and Russian working groups, committees and association including:
- International Association of Procedural Law, member of the Council since 2007:
- International Law Association, member of the International Civil Litigation Committee, 2006-2012:
- International Association of Judicial Independence and World Peace, member since 2013.
- Academic Council of the Moscow State University Law Faculty since 2003
- Russian Association of Legal Education, member of the Council since 2008
- Association of lawyers of Russia, Executive of the Moscow regional office in 2008-2012
Selected international events organised by Dmitry Maleshin:
- Annual Conference of International Association of Procedural Law, "Civil procedure in Cross-cultural Dialogue: Eurasia context" Moscow, September 17–21, 2012
- First Siberian Legal Forum, "Specialisation of Judges and Courts" Tyumen city, October 17–18, 2014
- Second Siberian Legal Forum, "Administrative Justice: Comparative and Russian Contexts” Tyumen city, September 29–30, 2016
Participated in the following international research projects:
- Funding and Costs in Civil Litigation, organised by University of Oxford Centre for Socio-Legal Studies
- Centre for Advanced Studies of Processes and Justice, organised by Girona University
Fields of interest
- Civil procedure and culture
- Comparative Civil procedure
- Legal Methodology
- Administration of Legal Education
- Editorial. Civil Procedure in Cross-Cultural Dialogue: Eurasia Context
- Russian Style of Civil Procedure
- Some Cultural Characteristics of the New Russian Code of Civil Procedure of 2002 
- The Crisis of Russian Legal Education in Comparative Perspective 
- Civil Procedure in Russia, Third edition 
- "ISTINA". Istina.msu.ru. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- dmitry maleshin. "Dmitry Maleshin". Academia.edu. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Московский государственный университет имени М.В.Ломоносова". msu.ru. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Санкт-Петербургский государственный университет". spbu.ru. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Высшая школа экономики". hse.ru. Retrieved 22 July 2017.
- "Малешин Дмитрий Ярославович - Юридический факультет МГУ". Msu.ru. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Малешин Дмитрий Ярославович". Hse.ru. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "О заседании Ученого совета МГУ 22 апреля 2013 года". Msu.ru. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Ú-Ãàçåòà - Â ÌÃÓ çàâàëèëè âûáîðû". Коммерсантъ. Kommersant.ru. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Скандал на юрфаке МГУ может дойти до премьера Медведева". Tvrain.ru. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- Павел Панов (13 March 2013). "В МГУ "война" за должность декана юрфака". Известия. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "HOME - Russian Law Journal". Russianlawjournal.org. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-07-12. Retrieved 2015-02-25.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Editorial Board". Civilprocedurereview.com. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Maleshin, D.Ya. (Lomonosov Moscow State University, Russia)". Civpro.org. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Advisory Board". Bolognalawreview.unibo.it. Retrieved 29 August 2016.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20140224235223/http://www.iaplaw.org/index.php/en/council. Archived from the original on February 24, 2014. Retrieved February 14, 2015. Missing or empty
- "International Civil Litigation & the interests of the public (2006 - 2012) Committee - ILA". Ila-hq.org. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "The JIWP Association". Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Ученый совет - Юридический факультет МГУ". Law.msu.ru. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Малешин Дмитрий Ярославович - профессор кафедры гражданского процесса Юридического факультета МГУ им. М.В. Ломоносова" Check
|url=value (help). аюро.рф/management/maleshin.php. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "About Forum".
- "COST OF LITIGATION DOCUMENTS AND REPORTS". Csls.ox.ac.uk. Archived from the original on 26 April 2012. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- Sean Patrick Donlan (18 July 2013). "JURIS DIVERSITAS: BOOK: Maleshin et al on Civil Procedure in Cross-Cultural Dialogue". Jurisdiversitas.blogspot.com.es. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- Carpi, Federico; Musin, Valery; Sukhanov, Eugeny; Lindblom, Per; Tumanov, Dmitry; Van Lith, Helene; Mulheron, Rachael; Kalajdzic, Jasminka; Voet, Stefaan; Pellegrini Grinover, Ada; Morabito, Vince; Waye, Vicki C.; Walker, Janet; Vaycheslav, Komarov; Galic, Ales; Blazheev, Viktor; Saliev, Azamat; Yarkov, Vladimir; Thomas, Jeffrey E.; Ozsunay, Murat; Boraine, Andre; Van Loggerenberg, Danie; Vacarelu, Serban; Harsági, Viktória; Besso, Chiara; Woo, Margaret; Bamford, David; Maleshin, Dmitry; Marcus, Richard; et al. (2012-09-18). "Civil Procedure in Cross-Cultural Dialogue: Eurasia Context". SSRN 2280682.
- Maleshin, Dmitry (2007-01-29). "Russian Style of Civil Procedure". SSRN 2208488.
- Maleshin, Dmitry (2004-01-30). "Some Cultural Characteristics of the New Russian Code of Civil Procedure of 2002". SSRN 2209085.
- Maleshin, Dmitry (January 2017). "The Crisis of Russian Legal Education in Comparative Perspective". jle.aals.org. 66 (2): 289. Retrieved 10 February 2017.
- https://lrus.wolterskluwer.com/store/product/civil-procedure-in-russia-third-edition/. Missing or empty