|Dmitry S. Peskov|
Peskov at a news conference in 2012
|Native name||Дмитрий Песков|
October 17, 1967 |
Moscow, Soviet Union
|Alma mater||Moscow State University
Institute of Asian and African Countries
Early life and education
In 2000 he returned to Russia to work at the press service of the Russian President, serving a number of positions, including a four-year term as first deputy press secretary of the Russian president from 2004 to 2008. He has served as Putin’s spokesperson since April 2000.
Dmitry Peskov was named as Prime Minister Viktor Zubkov's press secretary on 25 April 2008, putting him in place to lead Vladimir Putin's press operations when he moved to the job of Prime Minister under Dmitry Medvedev's presidency. In May 2012, when Putin again became President, Peskov succeeded Natalya Timakova as the presidential spokesperson.
Dmitry Peskov has four children from three different wives. He speaks three foreign languages: German, English and Turkish. In July 2015, it was announced that he was engaged to Olympic Champion ice dancer, Tatiana Navka, with whom he has a daughter. They married on 1 August 2015, after Peskov finalized the divorce with his second wife. During the wedding, Peskov was photographed wearing an exclusive Richard Mille watch which cost 670,000 USD, greater than all declared income of Peskov for all his years of service as a state employee. When it was discovered and caused media reaction, Peskov replied that Navka paid for the watch.
- "Putin's chief spokesperson: 'We have our red lines'". BBC News. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Pigareva, Olga. "Prominent Russians: Dmitry Peskov". RT Rrussiapedia. Retrieved 19 November 2014.
- Putin begins forming prime ministerial team, Reuters 25 April 2008
- "Olympic Skating Champion to Marry Russian President Putin's Spokesman". The Moscow Times. The Moscow Times. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- Oliphant, Ronald (3 August 2015). "Vladimir Putin's spokesman in luxury watch scandal". The Telegraph. Retrieved 3 August 2015.