|Full name||Dmitry Svetushkin|
25 July 1980 |
|FIDE rating||2573 (May 2017)|
|Peak rating||2621 (November 2011)|
He won the Moldovan Chess Championship in 2000. He tied for first with Johan Hellsten and Marcin Szymanski in the Ikaros Chess Festival 2003. In 2007 he tied for 2nd–7th with Kiril Georgiev, Vadim Malakhatko, Mircea Parligras, Hristos Banikas and Dimitrios Mastrovasilis in the Acropolis International Chess Tournament and tied for 3rd–9th with Pavel Smirnov, Vladimir Malakhov, Evgeny Vorobiov, Murtas Kazhgaleyev, Vladimir Dobrov and Aleksej Aleksandrov in the 3rd Moscow Open tournament. In 2008 he won the 2nd Gap Open. In 2010 he tied for 1st–3rd with Yuriy Kryvoruchko and Alexander Zubarev at Palaiochora. In 2012 Svetushkin won the 2nd International Chess Tournament Isthmia in Vrachati on tiebreak from Eric Hansen and Shyam Sundar, and the 17th Bora Kostic Memorial, a category 14 round-robin tournament in Vršac.
Svetushkin played for the Moldovan national team in the Chess Olympiads of 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2014. In the 2014 event he achieved a rating performance of 2809, the fourth best on board 2.
- Svetushkin, Dmitry (2013). The Ultimate Anti-Grünfeld – A Sämisch Repertoire. Chess Stars. ISBN 978-9548782944.
- Crowther, Mark (2003-07-28). "TWIC455: Ikaros Chess Festival". London Chess Center. Archived from the original on 30 September 2011. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Ilya Smirin wins Acropolis 2007". ChessBase. 2007-08-26. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "Illya Nyzhnyk wins Group B in Moscow Open". ChessBase. 2007-02-07. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "2e Open International de Gap". FIDE. Retrieved 10 April 2011.
- "3rd International Chess Tournament of Paleohora". FIDE. Retrieved 11 April 2011.
- "GM Dmitry Svetushkin wins International Chess Tournament Isthmia 2012". Chessdom. 2012-08-27. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Crowther, Mark. "17th Bora Kostic Memorial 2012". The Week in Chess. Retrieved 2016-05-17.
- Bartelski, Wojciech. "Men's Chess Olympiads: Dumitru Svetuşchin". OlimpBase. Retrieved 11 January 2016.
- Dmitry Svetushkin chess games at 365Chess.com
- Dmitry Svetushkin player profile and games at Chessgames.com
|This biographical article relating to a Moldovan chess figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|