19 April 1979
Komsomolske, Donetsk Oblast, Ukraine
|Occupation||Strongman, powerlifting, extreme powerlifting|
Dmytro Khaladzhi (Ukrainian: Дмитро Халаджі; born 19 April 1979), is Ukrainian sportsman, champion of the 1st championship of the Ukrainian Drug-free Powerlifting Federation (in bench press) in 2009.
At the age of 4 Khaladzhi was burned by an overturned teapot with boiling water, 35% of his skin was damaged. He had seven surgeries and received 12 blood transfusions. After the illness his muscles atrophied and at age 6, Khaladzhi had to learn to walk again.
He performed in the Donetsk circus, doing the acts "Heracles and the Nymphs" and "Heracles and the Bears". In 2009 he participated in the show Ukraine's Got Talent, and made it into the finals and refused to participate further.
He wrote several stories about the prominent athletes, and was awarded the literary prize The Golden Pen of Rus in 2010.
In 2013 he performed a leading role in the movie Ivan (Strong Ivan) about the Ukrainian strong man Ivan Firtsak-Kroton, of the 1930s. All the tricks in the film were completed by Khaladzhi, without editing.
- Lifting a 152-kg stone, one-handed. The ancient Greek athlete Bybon, who lived in the 6th century BC, lifted with one hand a stone which weighed 143.5 kg. The original weight lifted by Bybon is kept in the museum of Olimpiya city. The stone is inscribed in ancient Greek: "I, Bybon, managed to rend off this stone from the ground and lift it one-handed above the head".
- Curling up two kettlebells (50.5 and 40.5 kg) to handstand: with the right hand — 6 lifts in 46 seconds, with the left hand — 8 lifts in 49 seconds. (Kazan, 2010)
- The cross with weights (39.5 and 38.5 kg) on little fingers (Kazan, 2010).
- Binding six 20 cm nails in a minute and a half.
- "Devil’s Smithy" — Khaladzhi was laid down on the nails, and three concrete blocks (full weight 700 kg) on his breasts were broken by sledge-hammers.
- He lifted a one-meter pipe (1,022 kg) and kept it aloft for 12.5 seconds (Donetsk).
- "Розмова з українським ломусом на ймення Дмитро Халаджі". Archived from the original on 21 January 2013. Retrieved 17 January 2013.
- Дмитро Халаджі - український ломус. vsim.ua Retrieved on 24 April 2015.
- Дмитро Халаджі відмовився від участі в фіналі «Україна має талант». www.telekritika.ua. 16 June 2009.
- Василь Вірастюк та Дмитро Халаджи на 1+1 Archived 4 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine.. 1+1.ua. 17 July 2015.
- "Український ломус Дмитро Халаджі: "Під час знімкування мене 14 разів переїжджала вантажівка..."". gazeta.dt.ua. Archived from the original on 9 July 2013.
- Дмитро Халаджи — найсильніша людина планети. Novosti.dn.ua. 22 February 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dmitriy Haladzhi.|