|Minister of Defence of Ukraine|
8 February 2012 – 24 December 2012
|Preceded by||Mykhailo Yezhel|
|Succeeded by||Pavlo Lebedyev|
|General Director of Ukroboronprom|
|General Director of Ukrspetsexport|
|People's Deputy of Ukraine|
|Born||26 May 1965|
Karaganda, Kazakh SSR, Soviet Union
|Alma mater||Moscow State Mining University (1991)|
Karaganda State Technical University (1989)
Dmytro Salamatin (Ukrainian: Дмитро Саламатін) born on 26 April 1965, (Karaganda, Kazakh SSR) is the Ukrainian politician, the People's Deputy of Ukraine (in Verkhovna Rada), the First Deputy Head of the Parliamentary Committee for Science and Education and the Member of the Budget Committee (July 2006), the General Director of the State Company for export and import of military and special purpose products and services "Ukrspetsexport"; the General Director of the State Concern "Ukroboronprom" (2010–2012), the Minister of Defence of Ukraine (from 8 February 2012 to 24 December 2012). and the Member of the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine (from 17 February 2012 to 24 December 2012). In January 2019 the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Office announced they were suspecting Salamatin of the crime "intentional actions aimed at ousting Ukraine from the world arms markets in favor of Russia" and thus he was suspected of "abusing his official position and committing treason in the interests of the Russian Federation." Ukrainian authorities believe that since 2013 Salamantin lives in Russia.
Mining Department of Karaganda Polytechnic Institute with a degree in "Technology and Complex Mechanization of Underground Mining of Mineral Resources" (1989). Retraining Courses of Moscow Mining Institute with a degree in "Engineer Economist" (1991).
- 1983—1985 – served military obligations.
- 1985 – miner at Kuzembaeva mine.
- 1989—1991 – mine foreman of mining sector at the same place.
- 1991—1993 – consultant of Joint Venture Company SITEK (Moscow).
- 1993—1994 – Commercial Director of "Russkoe Toplivo" CJSC (Moscow).
- 1995—1996 – Chief Expert of "ROL" CJSC (Moscow).
- 1996—1997 – Principal Adviser of Milder International Ltd. Company (Moscow).
- From 1998 – Presidential Adviser of the International Mining Congress for Interaction with Ukraine.
- In April 1999 moved to Ukraine where he received Ukrainian citizenship in 2004.
- He was twice elected as the People's Deputy of Ukraine of the Party of Regions (2006 -2011), he was the First Deputy Head of the Parliamentary Committee for Science and Education and the Member of the Budget Committee. Our Ukraine–People's Self-Defense Bloc People's Deputy of Ukraine Volodymyr Stretovych claimed in April 2012 that Salamatin had received Ukrainian citizenship in 2005 and thus was illegally elected into parliament in 2007. According to Central Election Commission of Ukraine member Mykhaylo Okhendovsky Salamatin was legally electable in 2007, because he had been living in Ukraine the prior 5 years.
The article 76 of the Constitution of Ukraine states that:
The People's Deputy of Ukraine may be elected a citizen of Ukraine, which on the day of the elections reached twenty one years of age, has the right to vote and resides in Ukraine during the last five years.
- 2010 – General Director of the State Company for export and import of military and special purpose products and services.
- 2011 – General Director of the State Concern "Ukroboronprom”
- From 8 February 2012 to 24 December 2012 – the Minister of Defense of Ukraine in the first Azarov government.
- He was appointed as the Adviser to President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych on 25 December 2012. He stayed his advisor until February 2014.
Defence-Industrial Complex of Ukraine
This result was achieved again in 2012 when he was the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine.
During this time Ukraine has achieved strategic partnership with Thailand. Lot of Ukrainian APC-ZE1 was supplied to this country. Thailand also ordered the advanced "Oplot" tanks. Total amount of the contract was half a billion dollars. He reformed the whole Defense-Industrial Complex of Ukraine in 2011 in the capacity of the Director of the Subsidiary Company "Ukroboronprom". Great portion of indebtedness of the Defense and Industrial Complex enterprises was written off, ensuring the development and proceeding to repayment of arrears in salaries. Exporters were combined into the state concern with the industrial enterprises for the first time, thus enabling to increase the production rate. In the result the number of aircraft of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was doubled as early as 2012. Almost all ships and vessels of the Maritime Forces of Ukraine were repaired; navigation and communication means, new parachute systems and many others were supplied to the troops.
Ministry of Defence of Ukraine
During the period of his activity as the Minister of Defence of Ukraine in 2012 the average training time of one pilot was reached 51 hours for the first time since gaining the independence, about 42000 parachute jumps were made, considerably exceeding the previous years' figures., First All-Ukrainian tank competitions, starting a real heavy training of the tank troops' specialists, were held at the initiative of the Head of Defence Agency.
High mobility landing troops (airborne troops) of the Armed Forces of Ukraine had been formed on the basis of airborne and airmobile forces.
Precision guided artillery round "Kvitnyk", Armoured Personnel Carrier APC4Е, 30-mm autocannon ZТМ-1 and many other models of armament were put into service. Maneuvers "Perspective 2012" were held in September – October 2012. Perspective systems of control and communication C2/C4i were firstly practiced to perfection at these maneuvers. Military delegation headed by the Minister of Defense of Ukraine visited Afghanistan.
The concept of the Armed Forces of Ukraine transition to NATO standards by 2014 had been adopted, and English language training system has been introduced. Salamantin claimed in December 2012 that for the first time for many years full-strength fighting squadron appeared in effective combat strength of the Ukrainian Air Force.
Due to conflicts between President Yanukovych and his inner circle in 2012 Salamantin was dismissed as Minister of Defense in December 2012.
Since dismissal as Minister of Defence
In January 2019 the Prosecutor General of Ukraine Office announced they were suspecting Salamatin of a crime, they suspected him of "intentional actions aimed at ousting Ukraine from the world arms markets in favor of Russia" and thus he was suspected of "abusing his official position and committing treason in the interests of the Russian Federation." Salamantin actions allegedly cost Ukraine $ 560 million.
Salamantin is married to Natalia. The couple has three sons (born in 1994, 1996 and 2002). Salamatin’s father-in-law Oleg Soskovets was First Deputy Prime Minister of Russia from 1993 until 1996.
- Министр обороны Саламатин: Проведенную в армии и ОПК работу я бы оценил как наступление по всем фронтам
- Pavlo Lebedev appointed as Ukrainian defense minister, Interfax-Ukraine (24 December 2012)
- Ukraine gets new defence minister, Kyiv Post (8 February 2012)
- Указ Президента України № 103/2012 від 17 лютого 2012 року «Про внесення змін до Указу Президента України від 6 квітня 2010 року № 506» Archived 9 July 2014 at the Wayback Machine
- (in Ukrainian) The GPU has announced the suspicion of a crime committed by the former Minister of Defense under Yanukovych, 24 Kanal (14 January 2019)
- (in Russian)/(website has automatic Google Translate option) Small biography of Dmytro Salamantin, LIGA
- (in Ukrainian) Скандальний міністр незаконно був обраний до Верховної Ради, Ukrayinska Pravda (12 April 2012)
- (in Ukrainian) Член ЦИК: Саламатин законно стал нардепом, UNIAN (12.04.2012)
- Загальна виручка Укрспецэкспорту вперше перевищила $1 млрд
- (in Ukrainian) Общая выручка Укрспецэкспорта впервые превысила $1 миллиард, UNIAN (29 December 2011)
- Украина в 2012г. вышла на 4-е место в рейтинге экспортеров вооружений СИПРИ, по итогам пятилетки она 9-я№
- В Таиланде испытывают купленные в Украине БТРы | Новости. Новости дня на сайте Подробности
- Украина продаст 100 БТР Казахстану
- На сегодняшний день выполнено свыше 42 тысяч прыжков с парашютом, средний налет на одного летчика составил в среднем 51 час
- Первые всеукраинские танковые соревнования прошли успешно
- СОЗДАНЫ ВЫСОКОМОБИЛЬНЫЕ ДЕСАНТНЫЕ ВОЙСКА (ВДВ) ВООРУЖЕННЫХ СИЛ УКРАИНЫ
- Украинская армия впервые получила высокоточное оружие
- Украина приняла на вооружение новый БТР-4Е
- Министр обороны Украины отбыл в Афганистан
- Сенатор Конгресса США Ричард Лугар – министру обороны Украины: "Я вас поздравляю с эффективными результатами, которых вам удалось добиться за полгода в должности министра"
- «Впервые за много лет в составе Воздушных Сил появилась полностью укомплектованная боевая эскадрилья»
| Minister of Defence