The neutrality of this article is disputed. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Industry||Ground Handling Industry|
|Founder||Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum|
|Headquarters||Emirates Group Headquarters, Al Garhoud, Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
Sheikh Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum (Chairman/CEO)|
Gary Chapman (President of Dnata)
|Parent||The Emirates Group|
Dubai National Air Transport Association (abbreviated to dnata, Arabic: دناتا) is one of the largest suppliers of combined air services in the world offering aircraft ground handling, cargo, travel, and flight catering services across five continents.
dnata was established in 1959 in Dubai, UAE, with just five employees. The name originates as an acronym for ‘Dubai National Air Travel Agency’. It has grown significantly with the first international expansion seen in 1993. Global expansion was also witnessed in 2008 through the acquisition of a 23% share in worldwide corporate travel company, Hogg Robinson Group (HRG) and 49% acquisition of the global outsource provider, Mind Pearl. In December, 2010, dnata acquired Alpha Flight Limited, expanding the company even further to cover 62 airports in 12 countries. In November, 2015, dnata acquired RM Ground Services, in Brazil expanding the operations to 84 countries and operating across 6 continents servicing over 150 airlines.
dnata employs over 6,500 people who handle passenger, cargo, ramp and technical services for airlines at Dubai International Airport.[timeframe?] Globally, dnata also provides airport services to over 70 airports:
- Australia: Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Melbourne, Perth, and Sydney (formerly a joint venture with Toll Holdings)
- Brazil: Aracaju, Belém, Brasília, Boa Vista, Campina Grande, Curitiba, Florianópolis, Fortaleza, Ilhéus, Juazeiro do Norte, Joao Pessoa, Manaus, Macapá, Maceió, Natal, Petrolina, Porto Alegre, Porto Seguro, Recife, Rio de Janeiro, São Luis, Salvador, Santarém, São Paulo-Campinas, São Paulo-Guarulhos and Teresina
- Canada: Toronto (joint venture with GTA: dnata GTA)
- China: Guangzhou and Xi'an
- Czech Republic: Prague
- Italy: Milan Linate, Milan Malpensa (joint venture with Airport Handling), Trapani
- Iraq: Erbil
- The Netherlands: Amsterdam
- Pakistan: Karachi, Islamabad, Peshawar, Lahore, Faisalabad, Multan, and Quetta (joint venture with Gerrys: Gerrys dnata)
- Philippines: Manila, Clark and Cebu
- Romania: Bucharest
- Singapore: Singapore Changi
- Switzerland: Geneva and Zürich
- United Kingdom: London Heathrow, Manchester, Gatwick, Birmingham, Glasgow, East Midlands and Newcastle
- United States: Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Chicago O'Hare, Dallas/Ft. Worth, Detroit, El Paso, Grand Rapids, Houston, Indianapolis, Laredo, Los Angeles, Lubbock, McAllen, Milwaukee, Nashville, Newark, New York, Orlando, Philadelphia, San Diego, San Francisco, Sanford, Tampa, Washington Dulles, Wichita
Functioning as the cargo handling operator for the Dubai International Airport Cargo Gateway, cargo services are provided both regionally and internationally at their overseas airports, handling over 3 million tons of cargo annually. In 1991, Calogi, an online communication portal was set up for the cargo community and was the first of its kind in the region allowing airlines, shippers, freight forwarders and ground handling agents to conduct business anywhere in the world.
Dnata Travel provides assistance in the areas of corporate and government travel, luxury holidays, events, groups and incentives, retail and marine travel. There are 202 locations across the GCC with operational presence in Afghanistan, Bahrain, Oman, Qatar, Kuwait and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Dnata Travel is also the regional managing partner for the Hogg Robinson Group in the Middle East and West Asia.
Through the acquisition of Alpha Flight Limited in 2010, dnata operates an international flight catering service across 62 airports and 12 countries. With an annual turnover of GB£360 million (AED2.3 billion) in 2010, the company serves 120,000 meals on a daily basis.
|Founder||Chris Waite, Paul Furner and Kane Pirie|
|Headquarters||Kingston upon Thames, UK|
|Owner||The Emirates Group, DNATA|
Travel Republic Limited is an online travel agency founded in the UK and launched in 2003. Travel Republic is owned by the air services provider, Dnata World Travel, which is a part of the Emirates Group.
Travel Republic was founded in 2003 by university students Chris Waite, Paul Furner and Kane Pirie. They desired to create a website where customers could book accommodation, flights, car transfers and airport parking in one place. The company specialises in enabling users to build their own holiday experience by combining different elements from the Travel Republic site.
In January 2007 the company moved to its current headquarters in Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. In the same year the company had an annual sales growth of 284.2% and topped the charts of The Sunday Times Virgin Atlantic Fast Track 100 .
In December 2011 the company was bought by Dnata World Travel which is a subsidiary of the Emirates Group, based in Dubai.
In December 2015 Travel Republic launched a cruise service in partnership with Imagine Cruising .
Operations & Technology
In January 2012, Travel Republic first introduced its mobile website, before expanding into mobile app on IOS in 2014. In 2015 the Android version of the app was launched.
The company aired its first YouTube ad on 17th January 2011 . Their first television campaign 'The Last Click' aired in June 2014 . With its success, Travel Republic continued to launch TV advertising campaigns. 'Welcome to the Travel Republic' was launched in January 2016 before the latest campaign aired in December 2016 across UK and Ireland . The campaign highlighted Travel Republic's slogan, 'Yours for the making'.
In a case brought by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA), Travel Republic was accused of breaching ATOL regulations by selling unlicensed package holidays. Judge Nicholas Evans delivered the not-guilty verdict at Westminster Magistrates' Court on 10th November 2009. In his judgement, Evans said the prosecution had failed to prove that Travel Republic did anything other than "sell components of holidays separately, but at the same time".'
- "Emirates Group Media Center :: Fact Files". Mediacentre.ekgroup.com. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- "Annual Reports, Facts and Figures | The Emirates Group". Mediacentre.ekgroup.com. 2012-05-13. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "TAS - Toll Air Services - Airline Ground Handling Partners Australia-Wide". www.tolldnata.com. Retrieved 2010-11-14.
- "Airline IT solutions >". Mercator. 2012-09-27. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Welcome to Calogi". Calogi.com. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "Announces Acquisition of Alpha Flight Group Ltd | News | About". dnata. 2010-12-31. Retrieved 2012-10-14.
- "TRAVEL REPUBLIC LTD - Overview (free company information from Companies House)". beta.companieshouse.gov.uk.
- "Travel Republic Sold". Travel Weekly.
- "10 Best Last-Minute Travel Websites". Independent.
- "The 10 best websites for booking a city break". Guardian.
- "Travel Advice & Holiday Information - ABTA". abta.com.
- "Check an ATOL Search Results". publicapps.caa.co.uk.
- "TravelRepublic.co.uk tops the Sunday Times Virgin Fast Track 100 list". TravelDailyNews International.
- "Dnata Acquires Travel Republic - ITTN". www.ittn.ie.
- "Travel Republic creates cruise offering". TTG.
- Republic, Travel. "Travel Republic Launches First Ever TV Campaign". www.prnewswire.co.uk.
- "Making Travel Republic the Last Click for holidays". Antidote. 16 June 2014.
- "Travel Republic creates national anthem for TV campaign". campaignlive.co.uk.
- "Travel Republic TV Advert 2017". Commercial Song. 28 December 2016.
- Travel Republic vs CAA Court Ruling
- Travel Republic victory: Reaction from the trade
- Travel Republic vs CAA: ABTA Comment