Doğan Media Group
|Fate||Merged with Doğan Holding|
Doğan Media Group (Doğan Yayın Holding A.Ş.) was a Turkish media conglomerate, part of the Doğan Holding conglomerate. The company was established in 1997 to bring together Doğan's media properties. These include the Posta, Hürriyet (including Fanatik), and Radikal newspapers, the television channels Kanal D and CNN Türk, and the Doğan News Agency. It also operated Doğan Kitap, a major book publisher, and Doğan Music Company, a major music label. Doğan also operated print facilities and media distribution, for other newspapers and magazines as well as its own.
In August 2014 Doğan Holding announced its plan to take over Doğan Media Group with all its assets and liabilities and absorb it. The takeover was completed on 26 August 2014 and Doğan Media Group was dissolved. Doğan Holding chairperson Begüm Faralyalı said the merger would lead to a 'more simple management'.
- 1979-2011: Milliyet (acquired from Ercüment Karacan, sold to Demirören Media Group)
- 1994-: Hürriyet
- 1995-: Posta
- 1995-: Fanatik
- 1996-2016: Radikal
- 1996-2007: Gözcü
- 2002-2011: Vatan (Sold to Demirören Media Group.)
- 1994-: Kanal D (acquired from Ayhan Şahenk.)
- 1995-2000: Eko TV
- 1996-: Euro D
- 1999-: CNN Türk (50% with Turner Broadcasting System Europe)
- 1999-2003: Süper Kanal
- 2005-2011: Star TV (acquired from TMSF, sold to Ferit Şahenk)
- 2006-2011: Euro Star (sold to Ferit Şahenk)
- 2007-: Kanal D Romania
- 2008-2012: TNT Turkey (50% with Turner Broadcasting System Europe)
- 2008-: Cartoon Network (50% with Turner Broadcasting System Europe)
- 2011-: NBA TV (acquired from Ferit Şahenk) (50% with Turner Broadcasting System Europe)
- 2012-: TV2 (Turkey)
- 2012-: Boing
- 1994-: Radio D
- 2001-: CNN Türk Radio
- 2005-: Slow Türk
- 2006-2012: Radio Moda
- D-Smart Avrupa
- İnvestments, Media, Doğan Holding
- "Extraordinary general assembly meeting has been held for the merger transaction". Doğan Holding. 7 August 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Registration of the merger". Doğan Holding. 26 August 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2015.
- "Doğan Holding completes key merger". Hürriyet Daily News. 2 September 2014. Retrieved 17 September 2015.