DoMS NIT Trichy
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Location||Tiruchirapalli, Tamil Nadu, India
|Campus||Urban, 800 acres (3.2 km2)|
The Department of Management Studies (DoMS) was started in 1978 with a Masters of Engineering programme in Management. The MBA programme was started in 1982, which was later funded by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (India).
Residential facilities are provided for students and staff on the campus, including a hospital, a Hindu temple, post and telegraph services, a telecom center, a State Bank of India branch with ATM facility, a reprographic center, a swimming pool, canteens and co-op stores. The residential zones comprise 16 men's hostels and 1 ladies' hostel, accommodating more than 2500 undergraduate and postgraduate students.
Other facilities include the Octagon Computer Center, computer laboratories and libraries.
Annual events include FINecture, a finance conclave and mPULSE, a marketing conclave. FINecture is organized under the aegis of the finance club of DoMS, VITHIYA. It includes lectures by distinguished members of the industry and academy. mPULSE is organized under the aegis marketing club MARKETUS.
Awards and recognition
- "Bloomberg UTV award" in the category of Outstanding B-school (South) - 2012.
- 19th Dewang Mehta Business School Award for "Business School which encourages Innovations that leads to better Development"-2011.
- NITT Facilities and Services, nitt.edu
- Reporter, Staff (3 April 2012). "Insightful conclave prepares future professionals in financial management". The Hindu. Retrieved 7 June 2012.
- Staff Reporter (July 30, 2011). "Sports unites NIT-T students". The Hindu. Retrieved June 8, 2012.
- Reporter, Staff (3 March 2012). "NIT-T bags Bloomberg UTV award". The Hindu. Tiruchi. Retrieved 6 June 2012.
- Reporter, Staff (10 December 2011). "NIT-T management department wins Dewang Mehta award". The Hindu. Retrieved 6 June 2012.