|Directed by||Raj Khosla|
|Produced by||Raj Khosla|
|Music by||Laxmikant Pyarelal|
|5 December 1969|
Do Raaste (translation: Two roads) is a 1969 Indian Hindi film directed by Raj Khosla. It stars Rajesh Khanna as the dutiful son and Mumtaz as his love interest. Balraj Sahni and Kamini Kaushal play the eldest son and his wife. Prem Chopra plays the wayward son with Bindu as his wife who creates disputes.
The story was based on the trials and tribulations of a lower-middle-class family. It placed emphasis on respect for elders, the paramount status of the mother, the sanctity of the joint family and the supremacy of relations that are stronger than ties of blood.
The film became a blockbuster at the box office.
- Rajesh Khanna ... Satyen Gupta
- Mumtaz ... Reena
- Balraj Sahni ... Navendu Gupta
- Prem Chopra ... Birju Gupta
- Kamini Kaushal ... Madhvi Gupta
- Veena... Mrs. Gupta (Satyen's mother)
- Asit Sen ... Alopee Prasad
- Mehmood Jr. ... Raju Gupta
- Bindu ... Neela Alopee Prasad
- Jayant ... Khan
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1||Bindiya Chamkegi||Lata Mangeshkar|
|2||Yeh Reshmi Zulfein||Mohammed Rafi|
|3||Chup Gaye Saare Nazaare (Dil Ne Dil Ko Pukara)||Lata Mangeshkar, Mohammed Rafi|
|4||Mere Naseeb Mein||Kishore Kumar|
|5||Do Rang Duniya Ke Aur Raaste||Mukesh|
|6||Apni Apni Biwi Pe Sab Ko Ghuroor Hain||Lata Mangeshkar|
|7||Title Music (Classical)||Instrumental|
Awards and nominations
- Best Story - Chandrakant Kakodkar
- Nominated–Best Film - Raj Khosla
- Nominated–Best Director - Raj Khosla
- Nominated–Best Supporting Actress - Bindu
- Nominated–Best Music Director - Laxmikant Pyarelal
- Nominated–Best Lyricist - Anand Bakshi - "Bindiya Chamkegi"
- Nominated–Best Female Playback Singer - Lata Mangeshkar - "Bindiya Chamkegi"
|This article about a Hindi film of the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|