Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?
|Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?|
The cover of the first light novel featuring the protagonist's titular mother, Mamako.
(Tsūjou Kōgeki ga Zentai Kōgeki de ni Kai Kōgeki no Okā-san wa Suki Desuka?)
|Genre||Fantasy, adventure, comedy|
|Written by||Dachima Inaka|
|Illustrated by||Pochi Iida|
|Published by||Fujimi Shobo|
|Imprint||Fujimi Fantasia Bunko|
|Original run||January 20, 2017 – April 17, 2020|
|Published by||Kadokawa Shoten|
|Magazine||Young Ace Up|
|Original run||September 26, 2017 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Yoshiaki Iwasaki|
|Written by||Deko Akao|
|Music by||Keiji Inai|
|Original network||Tokyo MX, GTV, GYT, BS11, AT-X, MBS, TVA, NCC|
|Original run||July 13, 2019 – September 28, 2019|
|Episodes||12 + OVA|
Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks? (Japanese: 通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?, Hepburn: Tsūjou Kōgeki ga Zentai Kōgeki de ni Kai Kōgeki no Okā-san wa Suki Desuka?), also known as Okaa-san Online (Japanese: お母さんオンライン, Hepburn: Okā-san Onrain), is a Japanese light novel series written by Dachima Inaka and illustrated by Pochi Iida. The series is licensed by Yen Press. Meicha launched a manga adaptation in 2017, and an anime television series adaptation by J.C.Staff aired from July 13 to September 28, 2019, with an OVA episode released on March 25, 2020.
Masato Oosuki is a teenager who is usually annoyed by his overly doting mother, Mamako, until both are sent inside a fantasy themed game. Masato tries his hardest to show his prowess inside the game, flustered by the fact that his mother possesses much higher stats, thus she can easily defeat all opponents with her twin swords, leaving little room for him to act. On their way, they befriend three girls who join their party. As they take quests inside the game, they later discover that it was originally designed to help strengthen the bonds between parents and their children.
- Mamako Oosuki (大好 真々子, Ōsuki Mamako)
- Voiced by: Ai Kayano
- Masato's mother, and one of the main characters. She comes across as giddy and silly, but is very loving, doting, and caring of her son, so much so that it frequently annoys him. She carries two swords that are extremely powerful. She treats the other members of their party as her own adoptive children.
- Masato Oosuki (大好 真人, Ōsuki Masato)
- Voiced by: Haruki Ishiya
- The other main character, he is a teenager that was enthusiastic about the move to the video game world. However, he doesn't like when his mother interferes or succeeds at everything he wants to do. Over the course of the series, he slowly grows to appreciate everything his mother does for him.
- Wise (ワイズ, Waizu)
- Voiced by: Sayumi Suzushiro
- A member of Masato's party and a mage. She is very proud and occasionally spiteful, but has been known to display a kinder side. Her own mother appears as a powerful, man-charming adversary who abandoned Wise once she found out she was much stronger than her daughter. Her real name is Genya.
- Porta (ポータ, Pōta)
- Voiced by: Sayaka Harada
- A member of Masato's party and a craftsman. She is supportive of Masato and his mother, and is shown to be adept in collecting and storing items. Her real name is Moeko Hotta.
- Medhi (メディ, Medi)
- Voiced by: Lynn
- A classmate of Masato's at the in-game school. She is kind to Masato and is shown to be very powerful mage in her own right. Her mother is very strict and interferes at every available chance to ensure Medhi succeeds at every task. If one of the plans backfire, Medhi mutters snide and derogatory remarks under her breath about how she actually despises her mother. Her real name is Airi.
- Masumi Shirase (白瀬 真澄, Shirase Masumi)
- Voiced by: Satomi Arai
- The distributor of the video game world. She appears frequently over the course of the series as different authoritative characters, but with the same name as her. She speaks matter-of-factly and informs Masato's party of their next destination. A running gag in the series involves her being found lying dead in coffins during the game.
- Kazuno (カズノ)
- Voiced by: Ryoka YuzukiEp. 3 credits
- Wise's mother and the first boss encountered. She sees her daughter as a burden and rejects her. Kazuno also was very popular with men when she was younger, and sees the game primarily as a way to hook up with younger men that she loves. She uses magic to keep her young looking and make the men around her handsome. She is also known as the Empress of the Night.
- Medhimama (メディママ, Medimama)
- Voiced by: Mai NakaharaEp. 5 credits
- Medhi's mother. She likes to brag about her daughter and will do anything to ensure that she is the best. Unbeknownst to Medhimama, however, her overbearing nature has cause Medhi to despise her.
- Amante (アマンテ)
- Voiced by: Natsumi FujiwaraEp. 9 credits
- A member of an anti-mother party called "Ribele", Amante does not like how the game favors mothers. As such, she wants to get rid of them.
Dachima Inaka launched the light novel series, with illustrations by Pochi Iida, under Fujimi Shobo's Fujimi Fantasia Bunko label on January 20, 2017. Ai Kayano voiced the titular mother in a series of promotions for the light novels. As part of a promotional campaign for the series, Animate announced that they would give away a 16-page short story booklet to anyone who brought their mother to purchase one of the four winners of the 29th Fantasia Prizes. During their panel at Sakura-Con on March 31, 2018, North American publisher Yen Press announced that they had licensed the series. The English version was translated by Andrew Cunningham.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|1||January 20, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-072203-0||November 27, 2018||ISBN 978-1-97-532800-9|
|2||April 20, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-072204-7||March 19, 2019||ISBN 978-1-97-532837-5|
|3||August 19, 2017||ISBN 978-4-04-072426-3||July 23, 2019||ISBN 978-1-97-532839-9|
|4||January 20, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-072427-0||November 26, 2019||ISBN 978-1-97-532841-2|
|5||April 20, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-072701-1||March 24, 2020||ISBN 978-1-97-535942-3|
|6||August 18, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-072702-8||August 18, 2020||ISBN 978-1-97-535943-0|
|7||December 20, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-072703-5||—||—|
|8||April 20, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-073147-6||—||—|
|9||September 20, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-073148-3||—||—|
|10||December 20, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-073149-0||—||—|
|11||April 17, 2020||ISBN 978-4-04-073626-6||—||—|
Meicha launched a manga adaptation in Kadokawa Shoten's Young Ace Up digital manga magazine, starting with a prelude chapter on September 26, 2017. The series is also serialized on Kadokawa's Comic Walker platform. Four tankōbon volumes have been released as of July 3, 2020.
|No.||Japanese release date||Japanese ISBN||English release date||English ISBN|
|1||August 25, 2018||ISBN 978-4-04-106840-3||September 3, 2019||ISBN 978-1-97-538524-8|
|2||April 25, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-107912-6||January 14, 2020||ISBN 978-1-97-538745-7|
|3||October 4, 2019||ISBN 978-4-04-108593-6||June 23, 2020||ISBN 978-1-97-531106-3|
|4||July 3, 2020||ISBN 978-4-04-109742-7||—||—|
An anime television series adaptation was announced at the "Fantasia Bunko Dai Kanshasai 2018" event on October 21, 2018. The series was directed by Yoshiaki Iwasaki and written by Deko Akao, with animation by studio J.C.Staff. Yohei Yaegashi provided the series' character designs. Keiji Inai composed the music. The series aired from July 13 to September 28, 2019 on Tokyo MX and other channels.[a] Spira Spica performed the series' opening theme song "Iya yo Iya yo Mosuki no Uchi" (イヤヨイヤヨモスキノウチ) while Ai Kayano performed the series' ending theme song "Tsūjou Kōgeki ga Zentai Kōgeki de ni Kai Kōgeki Mama" (通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃ママ). An OVA episode is bundled with the series' sixth Blu-ray volume, which was released on March 25, 2020. Aniplex of America has licensed the series.
|No.||Title||Original air date[a]|
|1||"The Boy Thought He Was Embarking on a Great Adventure... But, Uh, What's Going on Here?"|
Transcription: "Shōnen no sōdainaru bōken ga hajimaru to omottetara...e, dōiu kotodayo kore..." (Japanese: 少年の壮大なる冒険が始まると思ってたら…え、どういうことだよこれ…。)
|July 13, 2019|
|Masato Oosuki fills out a questionnaire claiming to have a very average relationship with his mother, Mamako. Masumi Shirase, from the Cabinet Office, informs Masato he is to start a new life inside a video game. However, after entering the fantasy world, Mamako is transported alongside him. The Teleportation King registers them as "Normal Hero" and "Normal Hero's Mother", and explains they were selected based on Masato's questionnaire, and have been transported inside the game via unexplained technology. Masato demands to know why his embarrassing mother is present and the King merely explains that is the secret story of the game. Masato is allowed to choose a sword and he selects Firmament, Holy Sword of the Great Heavens, while Mamako grabs two swords, Terra de Madre, Holy Sword of Mother Earth and Altura, Holy Sword of Mother Ocean, planning to use them as kitchen knives. It becomes clear Mamako is more powerful than Masato and she admits Shirase sent her with him for a secret reason. They begin in the Kingdom of Mommalia at the adventurer's guild where the desk assistant, Shirarase, looks and acts uncannily like Shirase from the Cabinet Office. Masato decides to recruit Rushera the Heavy Knight, Torino the Thief and Sallitey the Elf, while his mother decides that if her son is going to be spending so much time with three girls, she must interview them to see which will be a suitable future bride.|
|2||"It's Just a Coincidence They're All Girls. Got That? Wipe that Smirk Off Your Face."|
Transcription: "Joshi bakka na no wa gūzen da. gokai suru na. egao de kocchi o miru na." (Japanese: 女子ばっかなのは偶然だ。誤解するな。笑顔でこっちを見るな。)
|July 20, 2019|
|After interviewing them, Mamako rejects the girls Masato chose. Instead, she recruits Porta, a merchant and craftswoman. Masato then tries to reject Wise, a Sage with healing and combat magic and a difficult personality, so she teleports them away to punish him, but he guesses she was actually trying to impress him. Wise reveals the game is an MMMMMORPG, or Mother's Massively Maternal Multiplayer Make up with Offspring Role Playing Game, the point of which is to improve the mother/child relationship in order to return home. Wise explains her relationship with her mother is so bad they split up and she wants Mamako to adopt her instead. Shirarase teaches Mamako a skill to locate Masato, after which Wise is thrown in jail as the game considers her punishing Masato an attempted player killing. Mamako promises to help Wise and her mother reconcile and Wise refuses, but joins their party anyway. They decide to conquer a dungeon, but get lost in the dark and Mamako unlocks a Mom Skill, Mother's Light, allowing them to see. She defeats several slimes, leveling herself up, but with her clothes dissolved, putting Masato in an awkward position. Despite being naked, Mamako defeats the slimes, revealing a coffin with another Shirase inside it, dead. After Wise revives her, she reveals she is Shirase the Mysterious Nun and gives them a new quest. Masato tries to buy better equipment but has to deal with Mamako trying to spend their money on dinner ingredients.|
|3||"Underwear is Armor. Make Sure It's High in Defence. Otherwise, My Son Might Die!"|
Transcription: "Shitagi wa bōgu. shubi menseki wa ōkime ni. samo naku ba musuko ga shinu zo!" (Japanese: 下着は防具。守備面積は大きめに。さもなくば息子が死ぬぞ！)
|July 27, 2019|
|To prepare for their quest, the party shops for equipment, causing Masato psychological damage after seeing Mamako in bikini armor. He becomes frustrated and snaps at her, but immediately feels guilty. Mamako forgives him with his head in her lap, making Wise jealous. At Maman Village, the Chief explains the Empress of Night has demanded an attractive man and asks Masato to defeat her. Masato enjoys a hot spring, only to be joined by Mamako, Porta and Wise, who reveals she has knowledge of the Empress but refuses to reveal how she knows her. She accidentally reveals her nudity to Masato, who only avoids being murdered with reverse psychology. Shirase the Mysterious Nun informs the Empress of Night she has broken too many rules and tries to remove her from the game, but the Empress, who is really Wise's selfish mother, kills Shirase and refuses to reconcile with Wise as she much prefers her obedient young men. Wise tells Masato she will face the Empress alone and Masato, still naked from the hot spring, tries to stop her and trips against Wise's butt, in full view of Mamako. Wise admits the Empress is her selfish mother who forced her to enter the game then abandoned her after she realized she could use her magic to establish a new life in the game with money and young men. Wise claims to no longer care, but Mamako knows she is lying and proves it by hugging Wise, who admits the hug feels weird as it did not come from her mom.|
|4||"Kids Are Kids and Parents Are Parents (but Also Human Beings), and It Takes All Kinds, but They Get Through It Together, Right?"|
Transcription: "Kodomo wa kodomo de, oya mo oya de ningen de, iroiro aru kedo nantoka suru no ga oyako daro." (Japanese: 子供は子供で、親も親で人間で、色々あるけど何とかするのが親子だろ。)
|August 3, 2019|
|The party revives Shirase the Mysterious Nun, who reveals the Empress, real name Kazuno, is suspected of cheating, which has a penalty of a 100 million yen fine. Shirase offers to waive the fine if Wise can repair their relationship. Kazuno immediately starts a fight rather than talk and summons a white room which Masato realizes is a hacking tool Kazuno has been using to cheat. Kazuno reveals she plans to use it in the real world to hack her way to riches and power. Kazuno refuses to listen to Wise as she is too angry over Wise separating from her earlier in the game. She then knocks Wise unconscious. Mamako suddenly breaks into the room, unable to listen to a mother insulting her own child. Realizing Kazuno is a Sage like Wise, Masato uses one of Porta's tools to seal Kazuno's magic. Kazuno is overwhelmed and defeated, though Wise catches her before she hits the ground, begging for them to reconcile. Kazuno transforms back from the Empress to her true form, only to immediately begin arguing with Wise and then brawling. Shirase accepts this as them reconciling and clearing the game, allowing Kazuno to log out. However, Wise opts to stay with Masato, claiming she want to help the party for fun. The real world Shirase contacts them with a new quest to fix the problems the software writers can't. Mamako is happy she can have normal conversations with Masato again.|
|5||"This is a Territory For Children, Filled With Hopes and Dreams. For Children. That's the Important Part!"|
Transcription: "Soko wa yume to kibō ni michita, kodomodachi no ryōiki. Kodomodachi no, da. Koko daiji!" (Japanese: そこは夢と希望に満ちた、子供達の領域。子供達の、だ。ここ大事！)
|August 10, 2019|
|Masato worries he will never level up if his mother keeps winning their battles and decides to join the Lover's Lane Academy for experience. They meet fellow student and mage Medhi and her controlling mother Medhimama, who constantly brags about Medhi's abilities but claims the credit for herself. Medhimama insists on joining the lesson to ensure Medhi remains the strongest student. Experience points are given for correct answers but everyone is sabotaged by Medhimama so only Medhi can answer. Medhimama claims to be the greatest parent in the world by sabotaging others so Medhi can succeed. Masato notices Medhi does not seem to agree with this. Mamako disguises herself as a student and infiltrates the school with Shirase the Principal, who wants them to fix the bugs in the academy software, since the academy was constructed hastily. Mamako observes the next class with Medhimama, who is surprised Mamako worries more about her child making friends than acing the class. Medhi finds Mamako amusing, embarrassing Masato. Medhimama tries to sabotage the class again, but Mamako's Mother's Sharing skill cancels her sabotage spells. Medhi finds her mother's failure amusing. Mamako ends up answering all the questions herself and comes top of the class, with Medhi in second, while Masato, Wise and Porta come in joint last place but Mamako praises their effort anyway.|
|6||"She's Gorgeous... No, Not you, Mom. Don't Get Near Me When You Dress Like That."|
Transcription: "Nanto iu bishōjo... iya kāsan ja nakute. Sono kakkō de chikayoru na yamero." (Japanese: なんという美少女…いや母さんじゃなくて。その格好で近寄るなやめろ。)
|August 17, 2019|
|Masato has developed a crush on Medhi and hopes for a high school romance without his mother interfering. Meanwhile, Medhimama has begun a one sided rivalry with Mamako. Masato notices Medhi making quiet negative comments about Medhimama. Their first lesson is cookery, which Medhi manages to do well at due to Medhimama's cheating. Mamako also does well but with normal cookery, and her food is so good Masato, Wise and Porta get skill boosts and experience points from eating it. Medhi congratulates them but Medhimama is furious. In swimming class, Medhimama appears in a scandalous bikini, but is easily outdone by Mamako in a school swimsuit, infuriating her even further. Medhi is secretly pleased at her mother's defeat. In the pool, warriors like Wise and Masato are told to defeat sea monsters while crafters like Porta collect the drop items. Mamako shouts encouragement while Medhimama shouts criticism. Medhi loses her self-confidence and gives up, so a monster grabs Mamako, who beats it with her Mother Ocean Sword, allowing Masato to kill it. Masato wins first place and is bear-hugged by Mamako, while Medhimama slaps Medhi for failing. Masato tries to comfort her but she runs away, and Masato and Mamako later see Medhi furiously kicking a wall, swearing and wishing Medhimama was dead, showing she has a repressed hatred under her normal charming exterior.|
|7||"Students are the Protagonist of a School Festival. But People Wearing School Uniforms are Included, Too."|
Transcription: "Gakusai no shuyaku wa gakuseida. sore wa tada seifuku o kite iru hito mo fukuma rete shimau nodaga na..." (Japanese: 学祭の主役は学生だ。それはただ制服を着ている人も含まれてしまうのだがな…。)
|August 24, 2019|
|The academy announces a festival which the students must plan with their parents for experience points. Mamako suggests a café so Medhimama plans her own café to compete with them. Medhi later approaches Masato to apologize for her mother's behavior. Mamako's café is an immediate success while Medhimama's is ignored. To attract customers, she strips Medhi naked, but when Masato sees this, Medhimama kills him. Due to Wise killing him several times beforehand, he becomes a ghost and overhears Medhimama order Medhi to seduce him and ruin Mamako's café. Once revived, Masato angrily confronts Medhimama who demands they compete in a waitress beauty contest. Medhi defeats Wise in the contest, but Mamako goes on stage to speak to Wise and accidentally defeats Medhi. Masato flees with Medhi so Medhimama can't punish her. Medhi admits she just wants to have fun, but she has no friends because of Medhimama. Masato, Wise and Porta decide to be her friends. Seeing this, Medhimama attacks Medhi, calling her a terrible excuse for a daughter, but Mamako stops her. Medhimama admits she only pushes Medhi to be the best because it allows her to claim she is the best mother. Hearing this admission, Medhi unleashes her rage and transforms into a dragon.|
|8||"If I Say Nothing, It Won't Be Heard, But If I Say Something, It'll Be a Critical Hit. It Sucks Being a Family."|
Transcription: "Iwanakya tsutawaranai ga, ittara kanari no kakuritsu de butsukaru. yakkai da yo, oyako." (Japanese: 言わなきゃ伝わらないが、言ったらかなりの確率でぶつかる。厄介だよ、親子。)
|August 31, 2019|
|Medhimama tries to blame Masato and attacks him. Mamako stops her so Medhimama summons earth golems, but is shocked when Mamako uses her Mother Earth sword to ask them to stop and shares her opinion with Medhimama that children should be raised to be themselves, not copies of their parents. Medhi drains all Wise's magic and argues with Masato over him having a wonderful mother. Mamako uses another skill, Mother's Words, to communicate to Medhimama her feelings and Medhimama realizes she has been selfish. Medhimama tries to apologize but Medhi attacks her, forcing Masato to protect Medhimama. Medhi steals Medhimama's staff and encases herself in a protective shell Masato cannot break. Mamako instead breaks Medhimama's staff, causing Medhi to transform back into a human. Medhimama catches her and they reconcile. Masato realizes Medhimama's staff amplifies its wielder's feelings, which made Medhimama go overboard in her parenting, so Medhi forgives her. At the academy's graduation party, Medhimama decides to log out, but Medhi decides to stay and become the party's healer, much to Wise's chagrin. Shirase the Mysterious Nun arrives with the tool prizes for graduating, only to reveal they must wager the experience they gained in classes for spins on a roulette wheel to "maybe" win the tools. Masato and Wise waste all their experience but only win health and magic potions. As a bonus for reconciling Medhi and her mother, Shirase gives Masato a bonus spin, and he wins Mamako a new mother's apron, which he decides he can live with.|
|9||"Whoa, There's a Pressure Plate in a Place Like This. Well, I'm Not Stepping On It. No, I'm Saying I Won't!"|
Transcription: "Otto, konna tokoro ni suitchi yuka ga aru zo. mā fumanai kedo. iya fumanai kara." (Japanese: おっと、こんなところにスイッチ床があるぞ。まあ踏まないけど。いや踏まないから。)
|September 7, 2019|
|Medhi quickly realizes there is not much to do in Masato's party since Mamako always kills the enemies before anyone else has a chance. Masato finds a flyer for a new tower dungeon with a single wish as its final prize and decides to invade it. However, upon arriving in the area, Masato finds it full of angry mothers whose children all left them behind. They locate Shirase in a nearby coffin and revive her, only to be informed she has no knowledge of the tower and she suspects someone is sabotaging the game. Upon entering the tower's first few floors, they meet Amante, a member of an anti-mother party called "Ribele", who is afraid of Mamako. Deciding they can't let delinquents get their hands on the wish, Masato decides to defeat Ribele and return the members to their parents. However, to be strong enough to beat the tower, Shirase suggests forming a guild and recruiting more members. They take over an old guild hall, which Mamako names the With MomMy Guild before Masato can stop her. Masato, Medhi and Porta go shopping for building materials to repair the guild, only to see Amante shopping as well. She attempts to insult them but Medhi unleashes her dark side and makes her cry, so she admits she sent an assassin to their new guild. Wise suddenly teleports in to tell Masato Mamako is in danger of losing against the assassin.|
|10||"The With Mommy Guild Welcomes All! ...Wait, It's a Bunch of Uninvited Guests!"|
Transcription: "Okāsan to issho girudo wa senkyakubanrai!... tte, manekarezarukyaku bakka ka yo!" (Japanese: お母さんと一緒ギルドは千客万来！……って、招かれざる客ばっかかよ！)
|September 14, 2019|
|Masato rushes back to the guild only to find Mamako about to hand over all their money to an assassin disguised as a door-to-door salesman. The assassin flees, leaving a bomb, but Mamako disarms the bomb with the skill Mother's Headpat. Amante appears demanding to know why her bomb didn't explode but flees after seeing Mamako. The assassin and his team reveal they planted bombs around the city and will set them off unless the girls serve them as maids. They demand food, but Mamako's cooking makes them miss their own mothers' cooking, so they try to demand sex, but Mamako instead puts them to bed and sings them lullabies until they fall asleep. In the end, they agree to remove the bombs and apologize to their moms. Mamako insists everyone share a hot spring to decide their next move, but Amante burst in, furious at losing her assassins. However, she becomes embarrassed at the girls bathing naked with Masato and runs away. Shirase the Mysterious Nun arrives at the guild with the all the mothers who volunteered to join their guild and clear the tower, as thanks for returning three of their sons. Amante plants bombs in the tower to kill them all, but grows frustrated when the mothers are late, due to all having forgotten some household chore before leaving their houses, and accidentally blows herself up by falling down the stairs.|
|11||"The Courage to Accept Things. A Loving Heart. Also, Full-Body Armor. That's What a Mother Needs... Wait, Armor?"|
Transcription: "Uketomeru yūki. itsukushimu kokoro. ato zenshin yoroi. sore ga hahaoya ni hissu no... n? Yoroi?" (Japanese: 受け止める勇気。慈しむ心。あと全身鎧。それが母親に必須の……ん？ 鎧？)
|September 21, 2019|
|The party finally makes it inside the tower, but Wise is exhausted after teleporting the mothers all over to do chores, so Masato carries her, delighting Wise. They climb the rubble made by Amante's explosion and make it to the next floor, annoying Amante. She teleports to another floor and sets a trap to electrocute anyone using metal weapons, but electrocutes herself by accident. The mothers insist on having a picnic for dinner but are interrupted by a thoroughly dishevelled Amante who, fed up of waiting for the mothers to climb the tower, challenges Mamako to a competition to prove she doesn't need a mother. Mamako easily wins both a dishwashing and laundry competition using her Mother Ocean sword so Amante flees again. On the 90th floor, they run into a trap that strips their armor, leaving everyone in their underwear, except the mothers, while Masato is mortified at seeing Mamako in her underwear. Amante, likewise in her underwear, reveals she transformed all the children into monsters and amplified their anger to make them attack their mothers. Medhi and Wise confuse the monsters with magic while Mamako activates her skill Full Mom-or, clothing the mothers in armor to find out why their children are unhappy without taking damage. With the children reconciled with their mothers and returned to normal, the assassin reveals the wish Amante wants granted is to get rid of all mothers.|
|12||"I Hoped Against Hope the Wish Would Not Be Granted. But It Totally Was."|
Transcription: "Sono negai wa kanaenai de kure, to tsuyoku negatta. daga negai wa kanae rareta." (Japanese: その願いは叶えないでくれ、と強く願った。だが願いは叶えられた。)
|September 28, 2019|
|The party rushes to the 100th floor and are separated from each other. Masato is attacked by fake Mamakos but is saved by the real one. They reunite with Wise, Medhi and Porta, who also had to defeat clones of their mothers. Amante defeats the boss and decides to defeat Mamako as well. Medhi sends a death curse at her, but Amante reverses it and sends copies of the curse back at the party, killing Wise and Medhi and sealing them in coffins. Amante reveals her constant rejection of mothers unlocked a disobedience skill that reflects all magical attacks. She then points out that Masato has been unable to experience the adventures and romance he wanted because Mamako kept interfering. Masato admits that while this is true, he wants to continue adventuring with Mamako anyway, making her cry. Amante claims she hates all mothers so Mamako uses a Higher Skill, Mother Says No, injuring but not defeating her. Amante rushes to claim the wish so Masato blurts out something Mamako wished for: fresh eggs. Amante is denied her wish and flees. While eating the eggs for breakfast, Shirase the Mysterious Nun reveals Amante dropped a dark crystal identical to crystals used to corrupt Wise and Medhi's mothers. She also reveals Ribele is made up of Four Fiends, and with Amante the Betrayer of Mothers defeated, there are three more Fiends to defeat, which she makes their next quest. Masato admits it is no longer just his adventure; it is his and Mamako's.|
|13 (OVA)||"Do You Love Your Mom on the Shore?"|
Transcription: "Namiuchigiwa no okāsan wa sukidesu ka?" (Japanese: 波打ち際のお母さんは好きですか？)
|March 25, 2020|
|Shirase takes the party to the beach, privately informing Masato it is the obligatory bikini episode. Mamako tries to be close to Masato, but he refuses to play. Shirase suggests watermelon splitting. However, when Mamako's instructions cause Masato to walk into her breasts, he throws his wooden sword into the sea, only for something to throw it back and hit him in the head, causing amnesia. His vague memories of Mamako cause him to start being nice to her. Mamako takes advantage of this and they play twister and go crab hunting. One crab destroys Mamako's bikini and Masato panics and tries to protect her modesty. The girls suspect Masato may quit their current adventure if he has no memories. Wise and Medhi try to seduce Masato in order to hit him on the head again, but he refuses their advances, upsetting them both. Masato then meets up with Mamako. While they are alone, he declares his love and try to kiss her, but suddenly she is grabbed by a giant kraken, causing him to suddenly cry out "Mom" and get his memory back. After Masato saves Mamako, the kraken grabs him instead. Shirase reveals she provided the kraken for the obligatory tentacle molestation scene. Mamako defeats the kraken and uses her Mother Ocean sword to part the ocean and save him. With Masato's memory back, the party decides to barbecue a kraken tentacle, only for it to explode off the grill and hit the girls on the head, killing Shirase and putting her in a coffin, but leaving Mamako, Wise, Medhi and Porta with amnesia.|
Prior to its print debut, the series won the 29th annual Fantasia Grand Prize, an award given to novels published under the Fujimi Fantasia Bunko label. Within the first nine days of its release, the first volume had sold over 12,889 copies. As of May 2017, the first two volumes had sold a combined 100,000 copies.
- Tokyo MX listed the show at 24:00 on July 12, which is at midnight on July 13, 2019.
- Chapman, Paul (January 20, 2017). "Ai Kayano Voices Dual-Wielding Mama in Ad for New Light Novel Series". Crunchyroll. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Chapman, Paul (April 20, 2017). "Ai Kayano Pampers Listeners in Light Novel Voice Campaign". Crunchyroll. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (October 21, 2018). "'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Light Novels Get TV Anime". Anime News Network. Retrieved October 21, 2018.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (March 23, 2019). "'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Anime's New Video Reveals More Cast, Staff, July Premiere". Anime News Network. Retrieved March 23, 2019.
- Stimson, Eric (April 21, 2017). "More Do You Like Your Mom? Light Novel Campaigns Ahead of Mother's Day". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Stimson, Eric (January 21, 2017). "Go Light Novel Shopping with Your Mom for Bonus Short Story Prize". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Ressler, Karen (March 31, 2018). "Yen Press Licenses Hakumei and Mikochi, Chio's School Road Manga, 'Do You Like Your Mom?' Light Novels". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "Do you love your mom and her two-hit multi-target attacks?". Library of Congress Catalog. Library of Congress. Retrieved July 2, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 1 (light novel)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved May 13, 2018.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?2". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 2 (light novel)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved August 9, 2018.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?3". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 3 (light novel)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?4". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 4 (light novel)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved July 17, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?5". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 5 (light novel)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved January 30, 2020.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?6". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved November 11, 2018.
- "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 6 (light novel)". Hachette Book Group. Retrieved April 20, 2020.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?7". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?8". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?9". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved October 22, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?10". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved November 24, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか?11". Fujimi Shobo (in Japanese). Retrieved March 28, 2020.
- Chapman, Paul (September 27, 2017). "Dual-Wielding Mama Gets Web Manga Adaptation". Crunchyroll. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "「通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか？」コミカライズ開始". Natalie (in Japanese). September 26, 2017. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか？ （4）". Kadokawa Shoten (in Japanese). Retrieved July 3, 2020.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか？ （１）". Kadokawa Shoten (in Japanese). Retrieved July 16, 2018.
- "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 1 (manga)". Yen Press. Retrieved October 22, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか？ （２）". Kadokawa Shoten (in Japanese). Retrieved May 6, 2019.
- "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 2 (manga)". Yen Press. Retrieved October 22, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか？ （３）". Kadokawa Shoten (in Japanese). Retrieved October 8, 2019.
- "Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?, Vol. 3 (manga)". Yen Press. Retrieved April 2, 2020.
- "「通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか？」茅野愛衣でTVアニメ化". Natalie (in Japanese). October 21, 2018. Retrieved February 6, 2019.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (May 12, 2019). "'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Anime Reveals Character Video, New Visual". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 12, 2019.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (June 6, 2019). "'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Anime Reveals July 12 Premiere". Anime News Network. Retrieved June 6, 2019.
- Hodgkins, Crystalyn (May 18, 2019). "Spira Spica Perform Opening Theme for 'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Anime". Anime News Network. Retrieved May 18, 2019.
- Loo, Egan (July 12, 2019). "'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Original Video Anime Green-Lit". Anime News Network. Retrieved July 12, 2019.
- Pineda, Rafael Antonio (June 13, 2019). "Aniplex USA Licenses 'Do You Love Your Mom and Her Two-Hit Multi-Target Attacks?' Anime for July Streaming". Anime News Network. Retrieved July 26, 2019.
- "通常攻撃が全体攻撃で二回攻撃のお母さんは好きですか？". Tokyo MX (in Japanese). Retrieved July 12, 2019.
- Stimson, Eric (January 1, 2017). "January & February's Light Novel Titles are Really Weird". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Loveridge, Lynzee (February 7, 2017). "Do You Like Your Mom? Light Novel Sells 12,000 Copies in 9 Days". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 1, 2018.
- Loveridge, Lynzee (May 17, 2017). "Do You Like Your Mom? Light Novel Sales Exceed 100,000". Anime News Network. Retrieved April 1, 2018.