|Full name||Doak Field at Dail Park|
|Location||Raleigh, North Carolina|
|Owner||North Carolina State University|
|Operator||North Carolina State University|
|Capacity||3,000 (2,500 chairback seats)|
|Field size||Left Field - 320 ft (98 m)
Center Field - 400 ft (120 m)
Right Field - 330 ft (100 m)
|North Carolina State University (NCAA baseball)
Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Tournament (1974, 1980)
Doak Field (or The Doak) is a baseball venue in Raleigh, North Carolina, United States. It opened in 1966 and is home to the North Carolina State University Wolfpack college baseball team of the NCAA's Division I Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC). It is named for Charles Doak, who was the head coach of the NC State baseball team from 1924–1939. The stadium is located on NC State's Central Campus, behind Lee and Sullivan residence halls. The diamond is in the north/northwest corner of its block, which is bounded by Thurman Drive (third base, north/northeast); Dail Park and the residence halls (left field, east/southeast); Sullivan Drive (right field, south/southwest); and Varsity Drive (first base, west/northwest). Its seating capacity is 2,500 spectators, with an overflow capacity of 3,000. The largest crowd at Doak Field since its 2004 renovation was 3,109 on April 28, 2007, in a series finale between NC State and its rival UNC. Doak Field hosted the Atlantic Coast Conference Baseball Tournament in both 1974 and in 1980. NC State won the championship in 1974, while Clemson won in 1980.
In May 2004, the stadium underwent a $6 million renovation which included leveling the playing field, a new drainage system, new grandstands, a new press box, and new concessions and bathroom facilities.
In 2013, the Wolfpack ranked 33rd among Division I baseball programs in attendance, averaging 1,994 per home game. In 2014, the Wolfpack ranked 45th in attendance, averaging 1,344 per home game.
- "Doak Field at Dail Park". Ballpark Digest. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "2012 NC State Baseball Yearbook". PackYearbooks.com. NC State Sports Information. Archived from the original on 2012-07-02. Retrieved 2 July 2012.
- "Central Campus Precinct Map". NCSU. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "North Carolina Rides Six-Run Eighth Inning To 9-3 Win Over NC State". Retrieved 2015-06-04.
- "Doak Field at Dail Park". Go Pack. Archived from the original on 2012-07-02. Retrieved 19 August 2011.
- "Riddick Stadium". NCSU.edu. Archived from the original on 2012-06-02. Retrieved 2 June 2012.
- Cutler, Tami (June 11, 2013). "2013 Division I Baseball Attendance - Final Report". Sportswriters.net. NCBWA. Archived from the original (PDF) on July 20, 2013. Retrieved July 20, 2013.
- "http://www.sportswriters.net/ncbwa/news/2014/attendance140331.pdf" (PDF). www.sportswriters.net. Retrieved 2015-06-04. External link in
- "Sign Up for Avent's Army". Go Pack. Archived from the original on 2011-08-16. Retrieved 16 August 2011.