Jump to navigation Jump to search
Doan may refer to a surname in North America, Europe, and Vietnam.
- In North America and Europe, Doan surname is the variations of Done, Donn, Donne, Doan, Doane, Doune and others.
- In Vietnam, Doan surname originally means an elegant and powerful tribe/family/group. Ancient Vietnamese recorded with Doan surname deserved credit for protecting ancient Nations of Vietnam such as royal warriors and Generals. Today, the word Doan is added before the names of essential groups or organizations that have a great power and influence.
- Doan, Alberta, locality in Red Deer County, Alberta, Canada
- Ritsu Doan (born 1998), Japanese footballer
American and European name
- Catriona Le May Doan (born 1970), Canadian speed skater
- Walt Doan (1887–1935), American baseball player
- Daniel Doan (1914–1993), American writer
- Ebenezer Doan (1772–1866), Canadian architect
- Jack Doan (born 1972), American wrestling referee
- Jenny Doan, founder of the Missouri Star Quilting Company in Hamilton, Missouri
- Joshua Gwillen Doan (1811–1839), Canadian farmer and tanner
- Lurita Doan (born 1958), American politician and businesswoman
- William Doan (1792–1847), American politician
- Shane Doan (born 1976), Canadian professional ice hockey player
- Doan Outlaws, an outlaw gang active in Bucks County, Pennsylvania during the American Revolution
- Đoàn Văn Khâm, a poet, honorary title, Ministry of Public Works, under Emperor Lý Nhân Tông (1072-1128)
- Đoàn Thượng (1184-1228), a general under Ly Dynasty
- Đoàn Nhữ Hài (1280-1335), a general, honorary title under 3 generations of Tran Dynasty
- Đoàn Xuân Lôi, a valedictorian in National Examination (1384) hosted by King father Trần Nghệ Tông
- Đoàn Công Uẩn, a great general under Le Dynasty
- Đoàn Nhân Công, a second valedictorian in National Examination (1448) hosted by King Lê Nhân Tông
- Đoàn Thị Điểm (1705-1748), the classical-Annamese female poet under Le Dynasty,
- Đoàn Tử Quang (1818-1928), compelled by his mom to take and pass the National Examination at age 80 (1900) under Nguyen Dynasty
- Đoàn Đình Niêu, Vietnamese poet
- Đoàn Như Khuê, Vietnamese poet
- Đoàn Giỏi, Vietnamese writer
- Võ Phiến official name Đoàn Thế Nhơn, Vietnamese writer
- Đoàn Nguyên Đức, businessman, chairman of Hoang Anh Gia Lai Group
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Doan.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.