Dobby Gibson (born 1970) is an American poet. His first book of poetry, Polar, (Alice James Books, 2004) won the 2004 Beatrice Hawley Award and was a finalist for the 2006 Minnesota Book Award. He is also the author of a second collection of poetry, Skirmish (Graywolf Press, 2009). A third collection, "It Becomes You" (Graywolf Press) is forthcoming in January 2013.
Gibson's poetry has appeared in many publications: Ploughshares, Fence, Iowa Review, New England Review, Conduit, among others. He is the recipient of a poetry fellowship from the McKnight Foundation. Born in Minneapolis, Minnesota, he earned a B.A. from Connecticut College in 1993 and an M.F.A. from Indiana University in 1997. He currently lives in Minneapolis.
- Gibson, Dobby (2009). Skirmish: Poems. Graywolf Press. ISBN 1-55597-515-1.
- "It Becomes You,".
- Ploughshares, "Polar"
- Gibson, Dobby (2009). Skirmish: Poems. [(Graywolf Press)]. ISBN 978-1-55597-515-9.
- Graywolf Press, "Skirmish"
- Gibson, Dobby (2013). It Becomes You: Poems. [(Graywolf Press)]. ISBN 978-1555976323.
- All Things Considered Interview
- Poetry Foundation Biography
- Review: Dobby Gibson's Polar: Grab That Line and Hold On > by Erin Marsh
- Audio: Dobby Gibson Reading at Prairie Lights Bookstore
- Audio: Dobby Gibson' Fishousepoems" Page
- 2005 Minnesota Writers Career Initiative Grants
- No Surrender
- Dobby Gibson reads for the Poem of the Day Podcast from InDigest
|This biographical article about an American poet born in the 1970s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|