|This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010)|
Cover of Doc Frankenstein 1 (November 2004). Art by Steve Skroce.
|Publication date||November 2004 – present|
|Number of issues||6|
Doc Frankenstein is an American comic book series created by Geof Darrow and Steve Skroce, written by the Wachowskis (Andy and Lana, better known for their work on The Matrix series), drawn by Steve Skroce, and published by Burlyman Entertainment. The first issue was published in late 2004 and six issues have been released as of June 2014 (the last issue being cover dated December 2007). According to Geof Darrow and Steve Skroce there will be a release of Doc Frankenstein that will collect the story in two parts in 2014 and 2015 respectively, with the second part including the final seventh and eighth issues. Skroce promises they will stick to the schedule if they decide to do a second series of the comic.
The comic tells the story of Frankenstein's monster, who survived the events of Mary Shelley's novel and adopted his creator's name as his own (and earned doctoral degrees as well). Doc Frankenstein has since been involved in world history (flashbacks show him as a gunslinger in the Wild West, a soldier in World War II, a supporter of the teaching of evolution in 1925's Scopes Trial, and a supporter of Roe v. Wade in 1972). However, the extremely liberal viewpoints he espouses has made him a target of fundamentalists, who have sought to kill him over the years without success.
- Brady, Matt (September 18, 2004). "Skroce and the Monster: Steve Skroce on Doc Frankenstein". Newsarama. Retrieved April 7, 2010.
- john siuntres (2014-01-06). "Word Balloon The Pop Culture Interview Podcast: Word Balloon Podcast Geof Darrow's Shaolin Cowboy & Chris Roberson & Dennis Culver's Edison Rex". Wordballoon.blogspot.com. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "What's Up Doc? - Steve Skroce Talks Doc Frankenstein - Bleeding Cool Comic Book, Movie, TV News". Bleedingcool.com. 2014-06-03. Retrieved 2014-07-28.
- "Steve Skroce and the Return of "Doc Frankenstein"". Comic Book Resources. 2014-08-20. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- 2005 Will Eisner Comic Industry Awards, the Comic Book Awards Almanac
- Doc Frankenstein at Burlyman Entertainment