7.5 / October 11, 2018
|Type||Learning management system|
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (November 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Docebo is a software as a service learning management system. Established in 2005, Docebo (Latin for "I will teach") offers a learning portal for companies and their employees, partners and customers. Docebo is compatible with SCORM 1.2 and 2004 as well as Tin Can. Developed by Docebo S.p.A., the program was originally released under a GPL V. 2.0 license with no licensing costs. The program now operates as a cloud-hosted software as a service platform as well as being third-party compatible. It currently runs version 7.5. The company using the platform loads a course, creates a username and password for employees, and tracks the progress of its users. Docebo is available in more than 40 languages. While the primary users of Docebo are midsized companies, it is also assessable for large companies and SMEs. Docebo also has their platform being used for external enterprise training.
In October 2018, Docebo released their learning-specific artificial intelligence algorithms into the learning platform that are powered by a combination of machine learning, deep learning and natural language processing to produce an automated and holistic approach to learning (formal LMS, experiential and social) that drives growth, organizational performance, and revenue.
With Docebo Learn (LMS), enterprises have the ability to centralize and organize courses, distribute and manage online and instructor-led courses, track certifications and measure results with dashboards and custom analytics. Docebo Learn (LMS) is powered by AI, automatically tagging learning content and making it easier to find.
Docebo also provides accompanying modules to Docebo Learn include Docebo Coach & Share (AI Powered Social Learning), enabling learning in the flow of work with informal and experiential learning opportunities and Docebo Perform (skills gap management), helping organizations empower their people through skills gap analysis and improving employee competencies with targeted learning programs based on the current and future skills need of your business.
Docebo was founded in 2005 by Claudio Erba, who continues to lead the company as CEO. Erba had previously been working at the University of Florence as a computer consultant when a customer asked for a storage solution[buzzword] for teaching material. The storage solution[buzzword] evolved into what is now Docebo.
Docebo's second venture-backed financing round came from Canadian firm Klass Capital in 2016, funding its continued North American expansion with the opening of an office in Toronto, Ontario.
Most recently Docebo announced it was filing a preliminary prospectus for an initial public offering in Canada.
- "La nuova Italia che avanza: Docebo". Corriere Della Sera. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "10 Alternatives to Moodle". Open Source. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo LMS". Dynamic Inventions. Archived from the original on 2014-02-20. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo spinge l'e-learning nella nuvola". Wired.IT. Archived from the original on 2013-12-11. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo: trasformare la formazione in un servizio". Business Community. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo | Klass Portfolio". Klass. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Docebo Weekly Changelog". Docebo. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Claudio Erba di Docebo". Indigenidigitali. Archived from the original on 2014-02-01. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo - Supplier Profile | Training Industry". www.trainingindustry.com. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "Docebo come vendere l'e-learning agli americani". Economia & Finanza. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Docebo, l'e-learning made in Italy che viaggia nel mondo". EconomyUP. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "Extended Enterprise LMS | AI Enterprise Learning Management System". Docebo. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Docebo 7.5 Debuts Artificial Intelligence Sparking The Future Of Enterprise Learning - Docebo". Docebo. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Learning Management System (LMS) - Docebo AI Learning Platform". Docebo. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Coach & Share – Docebo AI Social Learning Platform". Docebo. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Docebo Perform: A skills management system to identify and close skill gaps". Docebo. Archived from the original on 2018-10-24. Retrieved 2018-10-24.
- "Docebo con il "Cloud E-Learning" rivoluziona il mercato della formazione aziendale online". La Stampa. Retrieved 2014-01-23.
- "E-Learning Platform Raises $3 Million from Toronto VC Firm to Enter Canadian Market". Techvibes. Retrieved 2017-06-12.
- "EDocebo Files Preliminary Prospectus for Initial Public Offering". newswire.ca. Retrieved 2018-08-12.