Doctor Doctor (UFO song)
|Single by UFO|
|from the album Phenomenon, Strangers in the Night and Best of a Decade|
|B-side||"On with the Action" / "Try Me"|
|Released||May 1974 (studio)
January 1979 (live)
|Length||4:10 (Phenomenon LP)|
|Writer(s)||Michael Schenker, Phil Mogg|
|UFO singles chronology|
"Doctor Doctor" is a single by the British hard rock band UFO, written by the band's new guitarist, at the time, Michael Schenker and original singer Phil Mogg. Released in 1974, it was extracted from the album Phenomenon, but it did not enter the UK Singles Chart. The song eventually charted in 1979, when a live version taken from the live album Strangers in the Night was released as a single and became the first hit for the band. In 2010, a live version with Vinnie Moore was released in the Best of a Decade album.
It remains a staple in every concert of UFO and of Michael Schenker Group and has been covered on stage and in the recording studios by heavy metal bands, most notably by Iron Maiden, who also used the song as the last one being played over the PA just before the show starts, on recent tours.
- Strong, Martin C. (1995). The Great Rock Discography. Edinburgh, Great Britain: Canongate Books. p. 853. ISBN 0-86241-541-1.
- "UFO Official Charts". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "CD Reviews - The Best Of A Decade Ufo". Blabbermouth.net. 2013-04-17. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- Greg Prato (2010-09-20). "The Best of a Decade - UFO | Songs, Reviews, Credits". AllMusic. Retrieved 2016-10-14.
- "Lord of the Flies". The Iron Maiden Commentary. Retrieved 2013-08-13.
- "Iron Maiden Split Poljud before concert UFO: Doctor, Doctor HQ". YouTube. Retrieved 2013-08-13.