Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights
|Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights|
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights (ドクターロートレックと忘却の騎士団 Dokutā Rōtorekku to Bōkyaku no Kishidan?) is an adventure game for the Nintendo 3DS. It was co-developed by Konami and Winkysoft, and designed by Zone of the Enders director Noriaki Okamura. The game is set in late 19th-century Paris, and follows the eponymous protagonist, archaeologist Doctor Lautrec, on his quest for a hidden treasure of the Bourbon dynasty.
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights is played on the Nintendo 3DS. The game progresses as the player navigates the environment, puts together clues, and solves puzzles.
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights takes place in Paris at the end of the 19th century, during the Belle Époque. The protagonist of the game, the eccentric and mystery-solving archaeologist Doctor Jean-Pierre Lautrec, is a lecturer at the city's Museum of Natural History. Together with his assistant Sophie Coubertin, a university student, he comes into possession of a map that leads to a hidden treasure of Louis XIV of France. On their quest through Paris and the catacombs beneath it, Doctor Lautrec and Sophie are pursued by a crime syndicate and the Knights of the Iron Mask, an order of knights with iron masks and claws.
Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights was designed, written, directed and produced by Zone of the Enders director Noriaki Okamura. It was co-developed by Konami and Winkysoft, and marked Okamura's first experience with the stereoscopic three-dimensional graphics of the Nintendo 3DS handheld console. The game shares many aesthetic similarities to Level-5's Professor Layton series of adventure games, and Okamura said he is inspired by that series.
The game was met with mixed reception. The UK Official Nintendo Magazine stated that the game had a lot of work put into it, but in general, slowly falls into repetition. The game also received a 69% "average" rating from the magazine.
- Konami Digital Entertainment Co., Ltd. (May 13, 2011). "ドクターロートレックと忘却の騎士団プロモーションムービー Vol.1" (Flash Video). YouTube (in Japanese). YouTube, LLC. Retrieved May 26, 2011.
- Conditt, Jessica (2011-10-01). "If Doctor Lautrec is delayed on 3DS and you have a cold, what is √345 + 18?". Joystiq. Retrieved 2011-10-01.
- "ドクターロートレックと忘却の騎士団 【公式サイト】". Konami. Archived from the original on February 27, 2012. Retrieved March 22, 2016.
- "Developer Blog No 1: The birth of a new Game". GameTrailers. MTV Networks. May 12, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2011.
- Gantayat, Anoop (December 17, 2010). "Konami's Slightly Professor Laytonish 3DS Title". Andriasang. Retrieved May 29, 2011.
- "Doctor Lautrec makes appointment with 3DS". GameSpot. CBS Interactive Inc. April 13, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2011.
- Jackson, Mike (February 17, 2011). "Konami reveals new 3DS puzzle adventure". ComputerAndVideoGames.com. Future Publishing Limited. Retrieved May 29, 2011.
- Nützler, Jakob (May 3, 2011). "Interview: Noriaki Okamura zu Doctor Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights". Planet3DS.de (in German). 4Players GmbH. Archived from the original on May 29, 2011. Retrieved May 29, 2011.
- Official website (Japanese)
|This video game article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|