Doctor at the Top
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Doctor at the Top|
|Starring||Robin Nedwell |
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of series||1|
|No. of episodes||7|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original release||21 February –|
4 April 1991
|Preceded by||Doctor Down Under|
Doctor at the Top is a British television comedy series based on a set of books by Richard Gordon about the misadventures of a group of doctors. With episodes written (though not jointly) by George Layton and Bill Oddie, the series follows directly from its predecessor Doctor Down Under. It was produced by the BBC and broadcast on BBC1 in 1991.
In this series the lead characters have all progressed in their careers: Waring and Collier are now surgeons, and Stuart-Clark is a professor.
The series was not as well received as its predecessors and was cancelled after one series. According to Layton, it "depressed the whole nation", and Oddie dubbed it "Doctor Down The Drain".
- Robin Nedwell - Mr Duncan Waring
- George Layton - Mr Paul Collier
- Geoffrey Davies - Professor Dick Stuart-Clark
- Ernest Clark - Sir Geoffrey Loftus
- Roger Sloman - Dr Lionel Snell
- Georgina Melville - Geraldine Waring
- Chloë Annett - Rebecca Stuart-Clark
- Jill Benedict - Emma Stuart-Clark
- Sins of the Father
- Happy Birthday, Sir Geoffrey
- The V.I.P.
- The Kindest Cut
- Bye Bye, Bickerstaff
- It's All Right, I'm a Doctor
- Waring Goes Private?
- This Is Your Life: Bill Oddie, BBC 2002