Doctor in the House (TV series)
|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Doctor in the House|
|Directed by||David Askey,
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|No. of episodes||26|
|Running time||25 minutes|
|Original release||12 July 1969– 3 July 1970|
|Followed by||Doctor at Large|
Doctor in the House is a British television comedy series based on a set of books and a film of the same name by Richard Gordon about the misadventures of a group of medical students. It was produced by London Weekend Television from 1969 to 1970.
Writers for the Doctor in the House episodes were Graham Chapman, John Cleese, Barry Cryer, Graeme Garden, Bill Oddie and Bernard McKenna. The series was directed by David Askey and Maurice Murphy among others and the producer was Humphrey Barclay. The external establishing shots were of Wanstead Hospital, London (now Clock Court).
- Barry Evans – Michael A. Upton
- Robin Nedwell – Duncan Waring
- Geoffrey Davies – Dick Stuart-Clark
- George Layton – Paul Collier
- Simon Cuff – Dave Briddock
- Yutte Stensgaard – Helga, Dave's girlfriend
- Martin Shaw – Huw Evans (Series 1)
- Jonathan Lynn – Daniel Hooley (series 2)
- Ernest Clark – Professor Geoffrey Loftus
- Ralph Michael – The Dean
- Joan Benham – Mrs Loftus
- Peter Bathurst – Dr Upton, Michael's father
- Why Do You Want to be a Doctor? — written by John Cleese and Graham Chapman
- Settling In
- It's All Go...
- Peace and Quiet
- The Students Are Revolting!
- Rallying Round...
- If in Doubt – Cut it Out!
- The War of the Mascots — written by Graham Chapman and Barry Cryer
- Getting the Bird — written by Graham Chapman and Barry Cryer
- The Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever Casino
- Keep It Clean!
- All for Love...
- Pass or Fail — written by Graham Chapman and Barry Cryer
- It's All in the Little Blue Book
- What Seems to be the Trouble?
- Take Off Your Clothes... and Hide
- Nice Bodywork – Lovely Finish
- Look Into My Eyes
- Put Your Hand on That
- The Royal Visit
- If You Can Help Somebody...Don't!
- 'Hot Off the Presses
- A Stitch in Time
- May the Best Man...
- Doctor on the Box — Graeme Garden appeared in the episode as television presenter.
- Doctor in the House at British TV Comedy Guide
- Doctor in the House at the Internet Movie Database
- Doctor in the House at British Comedy Guide